Afternoon All

10th man down

Hey all,

Posted a couple of times already, but figured it was time to say hello...

Name's Matt, as you can tell from the bars at the bottom, I'm into obscure (at least that's what some people i know call it) music. Based in Portishead, just outside Bristol. So mainly gonna be going to Ultimate Airsoft down here, probably Dragon Valley, and possibly other southern sites.

Anywho, that'll do i think, can't imagine you all want my life story...

I'm sure i'll speak to most of you at some point!

Hello again

Matt

I wouldnt say Nightwish, or death metal music to be obscure.

Me neither, but i guess some people are slightly less 'open-minded' when it comes to music...

Oh, try Epica... I reccommend either 'The Phantom Agony' or 'Consign To Oblivion'...

Better than Nightwish i my humble opinion...

Edit

And hello by the way...

Me neither, but i guess some people are slightly less 'open-minded' when it comes to music...

Oh, try Epica... I reccommend either 'The Phantom Agony' or 'Consign To Oblivion'...

Better than Nightwish i my humble opinion...

Edit

And hello by the way...

Someone did mention them to me, .. i'll give em a listen.

Although me main line is Industrial, ... but i like to throw punk, metal an other genre's into the mix.

there you go, have a +1 from me.

darkchild

Err... thanks!

Oh, and i agree completely on the death metal front...

It's done the same to me...

@Night_raven

Cool, just had a thought actually...

Try Theatre Of Tragedy too... They're a little different, almost 'dance-metal' i suppose you could class it as...

Strange how it took me a while to think of that... Given that i'm listening to them now...

metal all the way for me, the harder the better.  Although i did see Nightwish in Germany in 2003 and they were quite good for a "softer" metal band.

Darkchild

Ooh Ministry is good for that sorta stuff.

I did see Nightwish twice before Tarja left, .. excellent band live.

Shame it had to come to an end.

:(

@ 10th man down:

Looking for em now, ... they sound good.

Yeah... I agree with the 'softer' part... They're very good to listen to when you're just relaxing... The fantastic music, plus the (for the most part) perfectly clear vocals are just awesome...

But a bit of 'shouty death' is always good too...

Edit

@Night_raven

Yeah, saw them twice in London. Second time supported by some small band called 'Brainstorm@ i think it was... Just about the time 'Omce' was released... Thing that spoilt it was that when they started playing 'Nemo', some muppet astarted throwing an inflatable Finding Nemo fish around... Some people...

But, they're looking to replace Tarja... And, while i agree that will be a shame, I think that towards the end, especially the 'Once' album, she started to drop away... Almost like she wasn't putting as much effort in...

Still, we can but wait i suppose...

yeah, lies lies lies is good, although i think senor Peligro sounds angrier.

I'm into a lot of thrash at the moment, slayer, trivium etc.

Darkchild

Yeah, Trivium are also a large part of my current musical libray... Slayer too actually... Goes from there all the way through to Dragonforce, Rhapsody, Bal Sagoth, then back to Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Epica, Leaves Eyes, After Forever... Then on to Prodigy and Ayumi Hamasaki (who roscks by the way, but only really in the 'Aggressive mixes')

Archived