MGVC debate

HaVoC

Well the kids have edited their posts and removed most of the insults to me and run off and got an admin to come and ban me (Hi Ghost) based on my comments that remain and which I wont edit as I know eactly why I made them ....so its been fun....cya

:rofl:

Not quite.

Havoc, Crandall - this goes for you too. Deliberately inflammable behaviour such as you've displayed is skirting awfully close to the line, and those on thin ice shouldn't jump up and down a lot, you know what I'm saying?

Aww, petty at what I said on MVGC while trying to stop the argument BOTH WAYS?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the warn points for pointing out your immaturity on those forums, Ghost :)

Nice swift over-up by removing that quote, too. Classy.

You got that warn point long before you posted, at 11:22. You decided to post at 11:53 - still, it's so obvious I'm doing it to get at you.

As regards the quote - posting lies is not acceptable either so it was removed.

You got that warn point long before you posted.

As regards the quote - posting lies is not acceptable either so it was removed.

1 - It didn't show up until after I'd posted.

2 - 'Lies'? That's a f***ing lie and you KNOW IT. I'd assume this falls under 'abuse of mod powers' by attempting to cover up things that aren't good to your public image. Funny, I SWEAR I'm getting a sense of deja-vu here.

HaVoc: Please don't trust member names, member titles or posts on THAT forum. HiveMind (a banned member here) has changed ALL of Ghost's details on that forum so that Hivemind can make himself somewhat of a martre. (see that all of GR's posts have been last edited by Hivemind) ;)

As such, ANY and ALL posts on that forum should be disregarded from this discussion as the do not in ANY way reflect the accurate speech of any member of this forum. Let them be the very special children they want to be in their own sandpit if they want.

So, do we have a reasoned and sensible discussion here or do we have a thread looking to be locked? Please continue in the manner you wish this thread to continue..... :yu:

HaVoc: Please don't trust member names, member titles or posts on THAT forum.  HiveMind (a banned member here) has changed ALL of Ghost's details on that forum so that Hivemind can make himself somewhat of a martre. (see that all of GR's posts have been last edited by Hivemind) ;)

I've been on there both yesterday today at various points and I actually saw Hivemind change the details. He did not change the member title to that (an insult to himself?!).

The title ONLY changed once I noticed GR has posted (along with his change of sig).

1 - It didn't show up until after I'd posted.

2 - 'Lies'? That's a f***ing lie and you KNOW IT. I'd assume this falls under 'abuse of mod powers' by attempting to cover up things that aren't good to your public image. Funny, I SWEAR I'm getting a sense of deja-vu here.

As R22 says - believe whatever you like, mate.

My pulic image can stand you kicking at it again, but I'll remind you that personal attacks are not acceptable, here.

So quoting your less-than-savoury member title is a public attack?

Right. Any other parts of 'common sense' we want to discard today, or just that little bit?

In the interests of mainting an open dialogue....

I was pointed at the MVGC forums by R22 not five minutes ago

(Edit: It appears that this time frame is not accurate - read as 'a short time ago, please. I've been distracted by this train wreck of a thread.)

at which point I changed the user title from 'Hivemind - go *fruitcage* yourself' and the sigfile from something similar to

'Nothing to see here'

"Hivemind decided to be the bigger person and change my username.

And you wonder why we banned him from Arnies.....

My username has also been change from Ghost_Rider to 'Cock Rider' - :rolleyes:

My last post on that forum is and will be.

I will state for the record once more that I never came to spy, I simply was pointed here after Hivemind decided to go out in his blaze of glory. Crandall post somthing inaccurate, I corrected him. No attempt to start a war no insults or juvenile purility, but it appears my very presence here makes people upset.

However, as Hivemind has oh so politley demonstrated he doesn't want me to post, I won't.

I'll just sit here smug in the knowledge that the reasons we banned him were entirely justified.

Like I said, my rep can stand being kicked at. I'm comfortable with my actions.

Might want to get yourself a watch. The sig and post that you made '5 mins ago' were there when I looked about 30-40mins ago, even if the new member title wasn't.

Fair point - I've been distracted by this thread a lot longer than I thought.

Barring the above timeframe...sequence of events stands.

No, it means you posted and changed your sig. Then I came on here and pointed out that your member title had changed from something mundane to an insult directed right at Hivemind. Then you cover said thing up, and change it, 'at the same time as' posting and changing your sig.

The last bit is so massively wrong it's not even funny. Your offensive member title was attached to the new post and sig, because I saw them, and they'd been there for more than a few minutes.

No, it means you posted and changed your sig. Then I came on here and pointed out that your member title had changed from something mundane to an insult directed right at Hivemind. Then you cover said thing up, and change it, 'at the same time as' posting and changing your sig.

The last bit is so massively wrong it's not even funny. Your offensive member title was attached to the new post and sig, because I saw them, and they'd been there for more than a few minutes.

As I've said, believe what the hell you like.Further attempts to discourse with you imply I gave a *beep* what you think of me.

I prefer to believe what I saw with my own eyes, rather than what a power-crazed mod who uses his mod powers to twist arguments his way would like me to believe.

Sorry, but maybe that's just me.

No HaVoC, I have been witness to a log that states the member title was changed while GR was off-line. If you wanna argue with that then you argue with me. If you wanna buck the system then you buck me. If you choose to side with a banned member rather than this site then so be it.

The fact remains - Hivemind was banned from this site because he chose to act AGAINST the Airsoft community at large and bucked authority at every stage. Now he uses his own forum as if it were his own playground and he is "god". You posted on his site to say this much (a sentiment I whole-heartedly agree with). I am now laying down the facts that GR posted on Hivemind's site, had ALL his posts edited to echo a sentiment contrary to his intent, had his account and member title edited to something contrary to his intent and is now a supported member of the world's most popular Airsoft internet portal and is victimised by the world most banned internet member. You do the math.

I was sitting there looking at the thread. Ghost has posted a couple of minutes before (his last post). It was un-edited. He had his new sig, written by him. However, his member title was 'Hivemind - f*ck off'. I refreshed a couple of times and it stayed as such.

I know exactly what I saw, because I saw it, and I thought it pertinent enough to raise here.

I do not care what Hivemind's standing is, or what he cares to do on his site. I agree with him on some points, and disagree on others. However, I damn well know what Ghost's member title was at that point, along with the contents of his sig AND his post, and I'm not going to suddenly change my mind, because I know exactly what I saw and when.

Is there an official complaints box around here? I have a few suggestions...

Certainly it would appear that the facts point to an obvious conclusion. And not unlike many sceanrios that are played out accross forums like these every day.

Havoc while you're here sticking up for this bloke he's hardly showing you support, let sleeping dogs lie, there are many more important things to do than argue over the internet. Like sleeping.

Havoc while you're here sticking up for this bloke he's hardly showing you support, let sleeping dogs lie, there are many more important things to do than argue over the internet. Like sleeping.

Wrong. I'm not sticking up for him or anyone else. Hivemind is irrelevant - the matter at hand is Ghost, and his conduct on someone else's forum. And as such, I have not mentioned Hivemind, aside from naming him as an owner of said forum, and for saying that I am neither for or against his position.

I hate to say anything, but should this not be restricted to PM, or at least the Regulars section. I think its a bit embarrassing for 2 people to have a thread just so they can argue in front of all the other forum members.

As I said its embarrasing at best, petty at worst. I'm not taking sides here I just don't know why you all have to argue in front of everybody else.

PMs can be denied. Public posts can't (unless they're subject to a swift stealth-edit :rolleyes: ). I think it's time this came out in the open - it's been hidden away for too long, and there are more members than you'd imagine who are fed up with it.

So HaVoC - Your word goes against Ghost's on this matter. Who's word should I take here?

Here's my dilemma - Ghost is a member I know personally and has NEVER lied to me and has extended every courtesy to me as a human being. You are a member I also know personally through one meeting at a UK Airsoft store.

Both views are mutually incompatible and my choices are...

• Take Ghost's word over HaVoC - RESULT: Havoc gets sanctioned.
  • Take HaVoC's word over Ghost's - RESULT: Ghost gets demoted to normal member.
  • HaVoC AND Ghost agree to let sleeping dogs lie - RESULT: No sanctions are taken - life goes back to normal.

I will NOT have arguments over banned users on this site. They were banned BY ME for a reason. If you have a problem with my decisions, PM ME! If not, let it be.

Your choice.

So HaVoC - Your word goes against Ghost's on this matter.  Who's word should I take here?

Here's my dilemma - Ghost is a member I know personally and has NEVER lied to me and has extended every courtesy to me as a human being.  You are a member I also know personally through one meeting at a UK Airsoft store.

Both views are mutually incompatible and my choices are...

• Take Ghost's word over HaVoC - RESULT: Havoc gets sanctioned.

• Take HaVoC's word over Ghost's - RESULT: Ghost gets demoted to normal member.

• HaVoC AND Ghost agree to let sleeping dogs lie - RESULT: No sanctions are taken - life goes back to normal.

I will NOT have arguments over banned users on this site.  They were banned BY ME for a reason.  If you have a problem with my decisions, PM ME!  If not, let it be.

Your choice.

Actually, I don't see why taking Havoc's word would resort in sanctions. It's no-ones fault he chooses to have this opinion of me, or that he has fallen for Hiveminds attempt to bring me into disrepute. I feel kinda sorry for him, if anything.

PMs can be denied. Public posts can't (unless they're subject to a swift stealth-edit :rolleyes: ). I think it's time this came out in the open - it's been hidden away for too long, and there are more members than you'd imagine who are fed up with it.

As regards this, how about we open it to the floor?

If there are THAT many people with a problem with how I run things, I'll resign.

I'll give any user 48 hours to Pm R22 requesting my removal. If you get more than 50 members....I'm gone.

Archived