MGVC debate

HaVoC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that take interest in timelines and course of events.. here's one.

Havoc:If I was to take into account user's actions on other forums.. hmm lets see. Should I ban someone that:

- continually created duplicate accounts to get into fights with the ASC admins

- continually defaced the wikipedia Airsoft entry

- went over to a military related website and picked an online fight with them

..shall I stop there?

Glass houses and all I'd not throw stones if I were you as your own personal online antics are not exactly a perfect example to hold up for examination.

With reference GR's posts, I saw them edited after the fact as well as R22. With regards his conduct on this forum I've yet to receive a complaint he's put a lot of work into this forum and I see little reason why there's a need to create this thread.

- continually created duplicate accounts to get into fights with the ASC admins

That was a looong time ago, and I've moved well on since then.

- continually defaced the wikipedia Airsoft entry

Eh? :huh:

- went over to a military related website and picked an online fight with them

Actually I went on there after seeing a friend get threatened with physical violence, but again, that was some time ago, and the matter is well and truly finished (thankfully). I'm sure you'll also remember that GR himself contributed to this greatly. Frankly I'd prefer the whole matter not to be brought back up, to save further trouble, really.

Is this also not in a similar vein to going over to a 'rival' airsoft website, such as MVGC, and attempting to do the same? Because, funnily enough, that rings a bell.

Glass houses and all I'd not throw stones if I were you as your own personal online antics are not exactly a perfect example to hold up for examination.

Not saying they are, but I'm not a mod, and I wouldn't be an ideal mod by any stretch. However, my point is that there ARE far more capable mods than Ghost_Rider, and I cannot believe he has gotten away with such blatant abuse of his powers (among other things) for so long. Call this a formal complaint if you will, assuming the previous complaint have not been formal...

So if you want to complain about someone why not email or PM me in private rather than turning it into some needless bitchy witch-hunt debate?

This thread is quite frankly childish.

Because it started that way and went from there? This was SPLIT from another thread.

So if you want to complain about someone why not email or PM me in private rather than turning it into some needless bitchy witch-hunt debate?

This thread is quite frankly childish.

Email me if there's a genuine problem that needs dealing with (I will look into things if there's a real problem somewhere), this thread needs to be closed.

p.s. Don't expect a personal reply from me for the next 12-24hrs as I'll be at the 'ol day job early in the AM.

That was a looong time ago, and I've moved well on since then

So, the dupe account you created a few weeks ago doesn't count then?

Actually I went on there after seeing a friend get threatened with physical violence, but again, that was some time ago, and the matter is well and truly finished (thankfully). I'm sure you'll also remember that GR himself contributed to this greatly. Frankly I'd prefer the whole matter not to be brought back up, to save further trouble, really.

Posting once to ask them to not invade these forums being a massive contribution, Hav. :rolleyes:

Is this also not in a similar vein to going over to a 'rival' airsoft website, such as MVGC, and attempting to do the same? Because, funnily enough, that rings a bell.

Again, I was a member of MGVC before Hiveminds bannning. I posted to correct a factual error about an event here by another poster. Again, hardly picking a fight.

Once again, you talk about abuse of my mod ability, which as far as I'm aware has been the odd humourous edit here and there, and removing slanderous content - something we've all done, and as far as I'm aware you've done in your own sub forum.

Still, it's obvious you're unprepared to listen to reason. You've said your piece. it's been noted. You've also been given the opportunity to have this silent majority of users you claim to speak for to make their views known.

Once again - if 50 users ask for my removal, I'll resign. Otherwise, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing with Arnie and R22's blessing.

Night all.

Sorry to jump in on something with which I have no involvement, but it's come to my intention that individuals have taken personal grievances and aired them publically, despite knowing better than to do so.

Many comments made by the instigators cross over into abuse of other members here, which I consider to be a breach of rules.

As a consequence, the instigators of this argument will find their warning levels raised accordingly. If those members consider this as some petty act of me taking side, then I'm sorry, but those of who who I have punished should really know better than to take what should have been a private message and turn it into a flame-fest which clearly breached Arnie's guiding tenet of 'be nice to each other.'

I'd appreciate it if all other users viewing this thread could consider this an example of how not to resolve personal differences in future dealings. Thanks for your time. :)

Archived