TM MP7A1 What brand/weight BBs... etc

Wege

Bonjour madames et m'seurs... i mean.. "Kiaora Bro".. :D

I have used a mix of Omega Black and toyjet .2s in mine.. have not had a chance to put other styles through.

I suspect that they have caused the occasional misfeed issue (and yes...I am aware it is hard to see the black bbs launching.. but you can hear when nothing comes out).

The Omega and Toyjet has worked well in the past in various other sorts.. but I am gathering that this wee machine is temperamental with BBs.. Kinda like a TM P90 hicap lovin TM .25 bbs.

Your comments and thoughts are welcomed. :)

I use Omega White/Black .2g BB's in all of my gun with the exception of my KJ M700 (Digicon .36 graphite) and they all run them wonderfully. Have you sprayed the hop up and mag with a bit of silicone? That is usualy the fix.

Also, try running only one brand in the gun at a time and see if that makes a difference. I've noticed that running mixed brands tends to make the hop up effect a little less consistant.

ahh.. apologies.

Yes.. silicone had been applied..

results were far far better.

The TM mag had almost no issues feeding before lube

the Star ones.. also next to no issues feeding.

The hicap.. :| well. that definately feed far far better after a lube.. (repeated lubing)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have used consistently some Stealth .25s (green and white) and they seemed to have worked well.. good consistency and range is not as good as the .2s (of course) but that consistency in accuracy makes up for it.

I have a 6.03 TB on mine (gives 265fps with .2s with no other mods) and run an external battery pack (7.2V 1800/2100mah, gives ROF of 15 rounds/sec instead of 10 with the standard battery) :P

I'm currently using .25s and I love 'em (can't recall the make, they're whatever Fire Support were selling at TAII) Good range and consistent accuracy.

hey wege.. i've found mine is extreamly picky with the ammo i use.. those AIM bbs were really bad.. so i just switched to Excel .2g and never had a problem.. except the hicap feeding issue on semi :)

doc thanks for the tip on the tightbore.. looks like a nice little FPS increase for very little modding.. i might get one :)

• 9 months later...

I use Marushin .2 BBs. That was the only high quality .2 I could get. Bear in mind that I installed a longer 6.03 tightbore and an upgrade spring. It clocks at around 280 FPS with hop ON. 1 battery lasts around 400+ shots. I don't have to apply silicon. I modified the nozzle as it often got stuck. Little Dermeling here, some craving there and now it moves like it should. TM quality, yeah right... The box sure looks nice.

I use 100 BB MAG mags.The first 5-10 BBs play shotgun (double feed, no FPS, no HOP) but after that they work OK. I think MAG put an excessive amount of silicon oil into their mags which keeps overlubing the hopup rubber.

Archived