Unbelievably Overpriced Airsoft Item

HannibalSmith77

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my question:

Hey man, this gun costs more than my car did.  Are you ABSOLUTELY sure it's this newfangled 'Special Edition'?  I haven't heard of it myself, and I was wondering where you got all the parts for this gun at because you said you assembled it yourself so that I could ask them how superior the Special Edition is.  Not that I don't trust you, of course, but I've had people try to scam me before, so one can't be too careful.

And his answer!

i got it at CC military suply and they carry both and they set me up with the special eddition

Now we know what retailer NOT to buy from. :D

some one should post a barrel and say shoots bbs like a spit gun. at 500 fps, can crush ur opponints. this is supreme 1337 gun, shoot bb.

only 100 dollar, becuz leet.

and im lmao that time machine...omg look at the pictures.

"This item can be posted for just a tenner,but please remember i dont want it to get in the wrong hands,remember the `Back to the future `films.Id hate to spawn a `Biff` type character." yeah dude my *albatross*.

my question

"HI, i was just wondering why this is quite so expensive? Because you can buy more powerful gas rifles for less than the price is now and it hasn't even reached the reserve. Also in what way is the barrel special? I assume you just mean its a tightbore barrel in which case that isn't really all that special. And also for engaing targets at 170 ft would perhaps a scope not be a better idea?

Thanks for any info"

his answer "well no its not a tight bore Barrel it is a special barrel designed specifily for accurecy and it puts a special spin on the BB (on top of using hop up makes this gun exta accuret) also i prefer the open face scope because it allowes you to see more in your field of vision thanks for the questionand have a nice day"

Strange how he avoided answering why it is so expensive...

Sounds almost like a TK twist barrel there. :blink:

Anyway: i will go to CC military supply and get the full details and then i will relist this item sience yall are so sceptical but i can totaly respect that its important to know what your investing in. i will get back to you as soon as possible have a nice day and thanks for the question

Anyway: i will go to CC military supply and get the full details and then i will relist this item sience yall are so sceptical but i can totaly respect that its important to know what your investing in. i will get back to you as soon as possible have a nice day and thanks for the question

Thereby removing all of the questioning of his price :P

Just send him an email along the lines of :

Hi

Why are you ripping people off.

I have emailed UTG and they say there is no special/limited edition just the standard edition which is available for $65.

Secondly the gun takes 30 seconds to put together as all you need to do is tighten 3 bolts.

That range is not true and it is not the best sniper rifle available my stock TM M16 has better range and FPS than that.

Finally after talking to several world renowned retailors we agreed the package you are selling is word $150 at the max.

Feel free to copy and paste that to him. I cant alas i have no ebay account.

J<snip>

Finally after talking to several world renowned retailors we agreed the package you are selling is word $150 at the max.

<snip>

$150 is a bit much for a gun that can be bought for as you put it around $65. The reflex sight is on Airsoft Atlanta's website for just $9.99!

So even after he's paid for the gun, sight and ammo it's still less than $100

Archived