Subject: Knight's PDW

menatarms

Well, I guess you could mod the upper with plastic instead of metal... It'll be much easier...

IMO all you really need are M16/M4 base gun, some sheet styrene, M16 foregrip rail, new barrel, new flashhider, new stock, sights, thermold mags, and a M16A1 grip. It'll be close enough.

We had a long topic about this on ASR, unless a kit is made by a mainstream maker, it isn't cost effective in the least. Too many custom parts would be needed, changing batteries would be a pain, mags would have to be heavily modded from a M16 base. The PDW won't see airsoft any time soon.

The one linked is all one piece (I assume that's what monolithic means), I'm sure you could customise a standard pistol grip and someone could make/customise a stock, barrel could probably be customised too. Mag angle most people could live with, same with the gas system.

Ok, so I took a crack at making an approximation of this. I'm no KAC nut, so some of the details are missing, and I took a few liberties.

Aside from that, I think the r/s is still a little long, so I made a shorter one. Based it off a "tec 9" tube I made up a few months ago. SRC m4, a bunch of rails, mp7 sights, various aluminum chunks, and a pile of screws.

Here it is:

20060820lpacpdw051gy5.jpg

20060820lpacpdw057ti9.jpg

20060820lpacpdw068li0.jpg

20060820lpacpdw081nt4.jpg

IDK what m4 meant but I think that's awsome. great work, as always, ledpocket. however, I believe mkaing a more angular upper would look better/ more accurate. I'd really like to try this with something like a well r-6/7 because it would be cheap if I *fruitecaged* it up.

Superior to both .223 and 7.62x39 out to 400 meters.

OK...in what ways. On that fact sheet it compared the 6x35s to the 5.56 that shot "2400 FPS" out of an M4. But the quoted the M4 barrel length as 10 inches, rather than 14.5 inches. Of coarse with the REAL length M4 barrel the 223 gets much more power than they claimed. And even when they cheated on thier facts the 6mm round had less energy at the muzzle. They also did not state the balistic coefficient, or how much energy the round keeps downrange. Assuming round is the same weight as the 223, like is says on thier page, and moves slower, you have to assume that it's actualy worse at range than a 223, with a more dramatic bullet drop, and less armour penetration at range. I might beleive that the round performs better than a 223 out of a 10 inch barrel, but not a 223 out of a 14 inch plus.

IDK what m4 meant but I think that's awsome. great work, as always, ledpocket. however, I believe mkaing a more angular upper would look better/ more accurate. I'd really like to try this with something like a well r-6/7 because it would be cheap if I *fruitecaged* it up.

If you're talking about my post, "src m4" meant that I used an src m4a1 as the base gun.

As for the angles on the tube, I agree. But I don't have any hex shaped tubing (I'm not sure you can get it, unless you pay for an extrusion die)

But yeah, I'm pretty happy with the results of my weekend bodge job.

btw, it shoots 6mm .2's at approximately 260/270 fps (which is about the only ballistics relevant to this forum)

I'm looking forward to seeing other's attempts at this ;)

Archived