Updated LBV or ELCS?

Miah

I've done really well with the standard US LBV for the types of games I play, but recently got in some AK mags that just won't quite fit in the pouches.

Considering a slight upgrade w/o getting away from the lightweight & breathable LBV design. As I see it I got 2 choices.

Modified LBV like Blackhawk, Tac Force, etc that has larger/adjustable pouches that'll hold different types of mags

TacForce LBV.

EHA CQB LBV.

ELCS replica that allows me to keep the LBV design, but put whatever molle pouches I want on the panels.

ELCS.

Pricewise it looks like an updated version of a lbv will cost about the same as the ELCS unless I try that EhobbyAsia $50 special, so anyone with experience want to offer suggestions on what they think I'd be better off with?

Man on a budget, so let's not go crazy here though. :)

Miah

Do you need it to be the standard belt and harness type LBV or are you willing to branch out a little? What do you plan to carry? How many AK mags? Are you trying to get any particular look together? I'm not sure about the first two LBVs, but the ELCS replica will only come with pouches that fit M4 mags, and only two of the six pouches are triple mag pouches (which might be able to take two AKs).

If it were me, I'd drop $20 on a Chi Com chest rig which can take three or four AK mags depending on the type, and has a little extra room for general purpose stuff.

Here's a review by our very own FuGaZi

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...php/product/249

Want to stick w/ belt & harness if possible. not shooting for any particular look, just something that's works & is comfortable for us.

At the moment it's 2 AK midcaps, but changed from Stars platics to G&P metals & they just don't want to fit our LBV double mag pockets. Would like to add another mag or 2 if possible.

Don't think a chest rig will quite do it. Need something that can be adjusted below bosoms. :)

Miah

Archived