• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A 3rd one ?

O noes mk18 humanity

Just a second one as a backup gun. Sorry, I finished around 1am last night. I'm still waiting for a trigger guard and a CQD replica sling mount by G&P (maybe 2-3 weeks...grrrr...why oh why hurricane bodies don't come with trigger guards). The very nice thing I discovered about the new Hurricane Colt body from Redwolf Airsoft (gen 4) is that it has fake pins like what guarder, g&g, g&p did to their bodies. Nice touch! The bodies are still 80% black. Maj.Pain emailed Hurricane to make pure black bodies. Hopefully we'll see that in the near future.

I'll post my current progress pics in a few hours.

Wow, those two are just fantastic. Very nice.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Thanks man!

^ I love how some of the parts are painted while the others aren't...looks like you spray painted one gun, the parted that gun out, and pieced the parts onto other guns...

I think I said that right...

-Vic

Come to think of it, I'm liking it too. Originally I was planning to have a Camo gun and a Black gun. The problem was their gearboxes had different wiring configurations. One was to the front, one to the rear. So, I had to exchange some parts of the guns. I also had to strip the paint on some parts as well. When I get a little time, I'll make the other one pure black and the other one as is.

ahh don't you just love those new guarder bodies scooberoo?

The Guarder bodies have really nice finish. Anodized and pure black. Unfortunately, these are HurricanE generation 3 and 4 metal bodies. Gen 4 features fake pins similar to guarder, g&g, g&p. The fake pins are already factory glued. The gen 3 and 4 are also compatible with one another. I interchanged the uppers and lower bodies in the pics. I like their fitment better than the Guarder. The guarder's a little too tight on the gearbox, and there usually is a 1mm gap between the upper and lower when they are assembled. The Hurricane, no gaps. Hurricane should be paying me for this endorsement, hehe. :D

You can not silence an airsoft pistol because about 95% of the noise comes from the metal slide slaming back and forth, not a little bb wizzing out of the barrel. A real silencer is made from metal and has a seris of baffles that divert excess gas so it stay in the silencer as much as possible.