• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy... That's so awesome!

Care to explain how you did it?

I apologise for the pictures being so big, It was late at night and I forgot to resize them.

It was very simple to paint. First I took the stock off the socom 16, and removed all metal pieces off of it. Next I wiped the whole stock and heat sheild down with rubbing alcohol so remove all of the grease from using it. After that I sprayed a base coat of Krylon CAMO in khaki as a base coat on the stock and heat sheild. ( be sure to follow the directions exactly on the can it works perfectly then ) The next step is to get some branches or pieces of fern/bush that you will use to paint over. I used a piece of fern and laid it on the stock/heat sheild and sprayed Krylong CAMO OD on it lightly. I did this all over the stock until I felt it was finished witht he OD. After that I did the same thing except the Krylong Khaki, so it gave it that nice shade effect.

Can I have your AR180? :D

No, personally I think its ugly but it just sits in a rifle case in my closet since I never use it.

great job HKpilz particulaly on the list of upgrade parts

Thank you, I did that incase people wanted to know what parts where on it so they wouldn't have to post and ask.

It may be ugly, but it's a cool item to have since its one of the original ones fro the 70's. Although it's old, it still functions fine I've used it before and not had any problems. The funny thing is they make a RIS unit for it. I also have a scope, and 45 round mag that I got with it.

say hello to my little friend

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/172620620-M.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/172620630-M.jpg

will be painting her soon to desert tan/coyote brown/OD, adding 1.5-4x scope with JPoint sight, and harris bipod

Man I cant wait to see that thing painted up dude

The Strike Face makes it look really buff. How is it to use? And how is it to holster?

That's the one thing i'm worried about, is if it'll fit in any Serpa holsters :(

I think the only reason in airsoft is to look cool. In real life, it prevents somebody from pushing the front of your slide back (which makes your weapon incapable of firing), to intimidate, strike people in the face without having to shoot them, and to push crowds back I guess.