• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My two major real-steel part projects, almost finished:

mg_32.jpg

M249: based on TOP MKI. The only parts left from the original gun are body and trigger guard, they're parkerized now for more realistic look. Realsteel parts include FN parastock, handguard, heat shield, grip, front sight assy, bipod, rear sight. Angs feed tray cover, G&P carry handle and para flash hider. Custom made steel barrel.

M-60: based on Inokatsu E3. Original Inokatsu parts are body, charging handle, pistol grip. Also E3 steel barrel trunion is added. RS parts: flash hider, barrel, gas tube, bipod, carry handle, front/rear sights, stock, feed tray, hanger, feed tray cover, handguard/heat shield

nice CQBr chillindrdude, though to be honest i prefered it with the KAC QD silencer. But ye, that M14 is pritty stunning.

i like the KAC QD as well...but the best replica is the VFC one and its not in stock anywhere i know of. until its back in stock, i'll stay with the Gemtech (which in my opinion is the best airsoft suppressor replica i've seen to date)

Nice job Chill. Any chance you could go into a bit of detail how you painted it. Cos I would like to paint mine but ain't got a clue how to go about it to be honest.

my base layer is 'sand/tan', the entire gun is sprayed that color first. then i make stripes of 'coyote brown' and 'OD'. i vary my speed and distance to make the stripes non-uniform. the final product is a diffuse pattern that is for arid/desert conditions but also pretty good for woodland scenarios. takes me about 45 minutes from start to finish