• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2740/mc...lairsoftwu9.jpg

http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/3971/mc...aairsoftmr0.jpg

I have been waiting for these photos for years (not a joke), the "not black" color is not rusty, but real desert sand, Always my dear MC51 was the favourite, it has NOTHING from the original TM mc51 and she is wonderful

Giovanni, that view down the grenade launcher barrel is scary... Very nice gun, I like the "worn" feel you gave it.

Time to show off mine :)

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/9250/dsc0020age1.jpg

It's finally completed. More photos in the AK thread :)

Wow. There is something with that picture ... So peaceful, yet so brutal. I like it :D

Edited by ABcolt
Unscrew the tube at the top and they should pop out, it takes LR44 batteries.

Thanks. I figured it out like two minutes after I posted that. Turns out the batteries were fine. I unscrewed the little thing, screwed it back in and it worked fine. It was weird.

My finished Academy L85a1 project -

DSC00531.jpg

The pistol grip is the same colour as the handguard, but the flash on my camera made the Krylon paintjob on it a different shade of green

Any comments appriciated :D

Edited by sadigh
My finished Academy L85a1 project -

DSC00531.jpg

The pistol grip is the same colour as the handguard, but the flash on my camera made the Krylon paintjob on it a different shade of green

Any comments appriciated  :D

is the paint job all thats different? or have you done other work to it? i dont know much abaout the airsoft L85's available... cheers!

is the paint job all thats different? or have you done other work to it? i dont know much abaout the airsoft L85's available... cheers!

LOL! Nearly everything made by Academy has been replaced on it :P

- Real steel handguard,

- HFC springer outer barrel set (metal)

- ASC metal body (hard to get hold of, not worth the money but hey I'm crazy)

- Real-steel modified pistol grip, had to mod it so it could fit, and has a coat of OD krylon

- Real-steel check pad

- STAR L85 iron sights (thanks again to snorkelman)

- Army code L85 19mm dovetail

- TM gearset

- TM eg560 hi-torque motor

- TM FAMAS tappet plate

- HurricanE M16 air seal nozzle

- TM hop rubber and bucking

- m100 spring

- Ball-bearing spring guide and piston head

- Unported cylinder set

- M16 Hop-unit with extended feed tube

- Steyr Aug tightbore

- Snowcutter trigger

Plus lots of time, patience, epoxy putty, sweat and elbow grease ;)

Edited by sadigh

Yeah, but I got it second hand from a member of this forum called iBAWLS

The body itself it a direct copy of the academy shell, and splits into two halves like an airfix kit, and needed alot of work done to it to make all the internals fit correctly

Nica BA, but such velocity discussion is against fourm rules i'm afriad:

Airsoft Muzzle Velocity discussion ("the 1 Joule Rule")

Discussion of Airsoft replicas that shoot BBs with more than 1 Joule of muzzle energy is not tolerated. While the 1 Joule limit is not a legal limit defined by UK law, it is legally considered that any Airsoft replica at this limit or below, cannot cause a penetrative injury to a person. This means that the law considers any replica shooting above this limit as either a grey area, or a weapon. As we want this sport / hobby to remain safe, discussions of power levels (or equipment that will enable a replica to exceed this power level) is not allowed.

We understand that in many countries, velocities of 400 feet per second and more are legal, but this is a British web site, with a British owner and we have set this limit for discussion as it helps to ensure that all members stay on the right side of British law.

Heh, yep, got to stuff a few more in there so they don't fall out so easily. :P

a little bit late yes i know but i saw this video with this kid pulling gun after gun out of the folds in his clothes... it looked like there was almost 25 in total including a fullstock shotgun 2 Mac 11s and an mp5 or somethin like that..all the while theres some lady talking about why wearing school uniforms helps with problems with concealed weapons :blink:

gave me a good laugh :lol: