Pictures Of Your Weapon

looks tight dude

but i gotta ask

is that the STAR L85??

cuz if it is, how does it perform?

If you mean the one Gadge is holding in theseccond pic I think its a safe bet to say its an Enfield/BAE Systems

Edited by evansy
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BRITISH army , i'm a welshman, there hasnt been an English army since the act of union :) Cymru am byth!

The sa80 in those pics is an a1, you can tell its real as it has a yellow BFA on the barrel to cycle blank rounds on exercise.

However back to airsoft shooters i have a star sa80 (one of the first ones out) and its awesome.

I've owned most aegs and this out performs everything i've ever had straightout the box, fast, reliable, not too noisy, accurate (just like the real thing - and before any one tell me real sa80s are awful i want toknow how much they've used one and not what a mate says about em, if yoiu clean them they work - end of)

Its only that i dont do modern airsof tmuch anyore that stops me using it every game, its the finest aeg you can get to be honest.

Pics of the star once photbucket has stopped being fixed...

Funny that, its the most accurate rifle in NATO, the correct ammo perfomrs almsot as well as 7.62 but for 2/3rds the weight (saa80 ammunition designed for the rifle not standard 5.56).

It's ergonomic and espeically with the a2 mods hardly fails if you maintain it.

With an a1 i had about five stoppages in two and half years and i three of those were due to bad ammo or the round not ejecting properly and sticking in the ejection port.

Consider the m16 series has had over 60 mods since its inception to make it an even passable weapon system and the sa80s needed about five.

Anybody else who actually used it *themselves* care to comment?

I bet your dad trianed on SLR Sammy, most lads who had that hated '80 when it came in and the initial teething problems backed up their fear of changes.

Pretty much the same when any system is introduced every body slate sit til its replaced then all of az sudden it was the best thing they ever had via rosey tinted nostalgia specs.

Anyway back on topic more pics of my STAR one.

DSC01089.jpg

shootingtoday.jpg

Recce.jpg

167667124_3a7f3ed0a9.jpg