Pictures Of Your Weapon

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My MRP is almost done. I went with a Guarder Colt lower this time and a modified 1-piece hop up. The Zeke lower had better tooling, but the Guarder has the best finish I've ever seen, so it's a trade off. The receivers need more Dremel time to fix the gap I've got between them. The barrel needs more milling work, it's getting there.

1mrpwl8.jpg

2mrpfl2.jpg

I have no idea what optics to put on the thing. I'm thinking Aimpoint with a LaRue mount or an EOTech 553, but I cant decide. Someone like Titleist needs to clue me in on what I should throw money at next.

Apologies for the pseudo-artistic pictures, I'll take real ones once it's finished.

Well Titleist, not too many people here have gone through as many optics as you have so I figured you'd be the one to ask. I might go with ACOG, as I am addicted to Tritium and they look sexy, but something about having a 10.5" barrel says EOTech or Aimpoint to me. I guess I'll toss a coin or something retarded like that.

Well Titleist, not too many people here have gone through as many optics as you have so I figured you'd be the one to ask. I might go with ACOG, as I am addicted to Tritium and they look sexy, but something about having a 10.5" barrel says EOTech or Aimpoint to me. I guess I'll toss a coin or something retarded like that.

Hey my debt is your gain. Umm I should say that while I can recommend some optics over another, what I can't do is tell you what'll look best to your eyes. I think the 553 looks too bulky in my opinion, but that's JUST MY OPINION. Build it for function, I think on a 10.5 barrel you should go reflex, unless you need magnification. I gotta say though, based on the setups at Military Morons, I think a Doctor sight on a weaver base is sexy as all hell. Cruise on over there and if you can find it tell me what you think.

My MRP is almost done. I went with a Guarder Colt lower this time and a modified 1-piece hop up. The Zeke lower had better tooling, but the Guarder has the best finish I've ever seen, so it's a trade off. The receivers need more Dremel time to fix the gap I've got between them. The barrel needs more milling work, it's getting there. 

1mrpwl8.jpg

2mrpfl2.jpg

I have no idea what optics to put on the thing. I'm thinking Aimpoint with a LaRue mount or an EOTech 553, but I cant decide. Someone like Titleist needs to clue me in on what I should throw money at next. 

Apologies for the pseudo-artistic pictures, I'll take real ones once it's finished.

Try a Larue Tactical M68 Aimpoint M2 mount and any Aimpoint M2 replica, I have that set-up and it is solid and easy to sight through. Also try an EOTech 512, the 552 cost a lot and I don't know if you're gonna be using NV anytime soon. . .

If I go with Aimpoint, I'll get the real thing. It would suit my real steel fun time.

silentscope

Do a friggen Trijicon Tripower on that

best of both worlds? hell ya

tritum, chevron, Aimpoint style

Omg that would be hot

Dude IDK I was going for a really modern look and those Tripowers are kinda old. I think I'll just do a EOThing 512 mit zee LaRue riser (my small EOTech is more suited for my P90). I'll do the 553 if they release it in TAN soon, even though it is worthless for anything other than playtime.

silentscope

Do a friggen Trijicon Tripower on that

best of both worlds? hell ya

tritum, chevron, Aimpoint style

Omg that would be hot

DO NOT go with the tripower, it's a horrible scope. (based on my experiences, but the overall opinion from real world shooters isn't too flattering on it either) Trijicon has been trying for the past 3 years to make that scope anything but a piece of ######. It's neither a good reflex scope nor a good scope in general. I was handling my friend's model, current rev, and the damn thing shorted out, the circuit just kicked it.

Again, if you're going tube reflex go Aimpoint, holographic go EO. Personally the 512 will look nice on there. Hell, worse case, just take a picture of the gun and photoshop some scopes on there.

Either way, one thing I forgot to mention, SS, is that your gun looks FANTASTIC. Give yourself a pat on the back, tis an *albatross* kicker!

Edited by Titleist

Dude, take me off the pedestal. Frankly, man, your photography really impresses me, I think you have a far superior eye for color and tone than I do. My talent is contrast in image, but man those MRP photos are great. Really. If you ever wanna make some money in photography let me know, lol.

That said, I've spent a lot of money on guns, I build 'em for myself, but NOTHING beats the joy of if someone else appreciates the work you've done. Frankly, optics aside, that's the best replica of the MRP I've seen. It's fantastic, frankly coming from ANYONE that compliment should mean something.

Everyday I'm impressed by what others do on this site. So kudos on your gun, it looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see what you do to it optics wise. Cheers!

Yeah photography is just a hobby, especially pictures of guns (people around Harlem make a more intesting subject). I'll always be a filmmaker.

But stay tuned, I got some color 35mm shots of the MRP comin up that make these look *suitcasey*. Maybe even some medium format if scans don't ruin my paycheck.

HD telecine is what im down with, I hate digital. Ive got a DVX100 I bought in highschool for quick 24p stuff and a PD170 that's covered in gaff tape when they force documentarys on me. Sony Pro makes the AK47s of cameras, they shoot like *beep* and you couldnt break one if you tried.

I swear this is related to airsoft somehow!!

*sigh* kids who post what there guns cost..i just dont get it.

you would if you put hours of work and time into buliding and perfecting a set-up when money is so hard to come by. i put that just to reinforce the notion that its whats inside that counts. also, i dont appreciate your demeaning connotation. you dont know me, you dont know who i am, how mature i am, or what ive been through in my life, especially considering that you have FOUR years on me, thats it. dont call me kid. you dont know me. for all you know, i could have more experience and be more mature than you, you simply dont know (my letters from Johns Hopkins, Ohio State, both Miami's, a few Ivy Leaugue schools, and countless schools ive never heard of tell me im doing SOMETHING right with my life). i might be new on THIS forum, but there are other forums where i am highly respected with multiple thousands of helpful posts. so forgive me if i come off as a little harsh as i am not used to, nor take kindly to be treated as below anybody.

Edited by stew_b_10
HD telecine is what im down with, I hate digital. Ive got a DVX100 I bought in highschool for quick 24p stuff and a PD170 that's covered in gaff tape when they force documentarys on me. Sony Pro makes the AK47s of cameras, they shoot like *beep* and you couldnt break one if you tried.

I swear this is related to airsoft somehow!!

Eh, sadly the future of cinema is going HD. I like film more, but the cost is not worth the payoff. That said, we have a sony HDW-F950 at work we use for HD production, Silent, as a video guy I'm guessing you know what that camera is, right?

All things aside, the HVX-200 rocks. I love having 100mins of 1080p.

I have not met a single (narrative) filmmaker in college who considers digital of any use. We are the ones who are going to be working in the industry in the future, so my money is still on film. Not that I have a crystal ball or some *beep*, just my hope/prediction.

I'll probably end up with an HDR once the PD170 is dead even though they annoy the hell out of me. The tape is where the LCD should be and it's on the left side instead of the right. Yes, I've played with an HDW, but it doesnt have *beep* on Aaton/Arriflex stuff :P (HD if you count the viewfinder? lol) Things get real serious when the camera you are holding is worth 6 figures.

Edited by SilentScope