G&G L85 reveiw

Tank

10k rounds ? and no probs , i think it proves that the gun has some quality in it !

@ pariahwolf : and if you have another opinion about it don't sh*t on other people for not having the same opinion !! and please acknowledge the fact that it ain't such a bad weapon ! so please stop telling other people how bad a weapon it is which you don't own or even have fired !! and yes , i know that you have read all of the comments posted on this weapon , but that doesn't mean that it is a bad weapon !! but hey just MHO

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
again I refer you gents to the fact that it beat ALL the NATO issue weapons in EVERY Catagory

Im not an L85 fetishist honest guys :P but I am fed up of people who have never fired it slagging it off

I mean Moriquende have you fired both weapons?? ;)

Nope, but .308 Win still pwns .223 Rem in range and penetration :P

in that case untill you have something a little more first hand to comment from "Go away" as all you are using is forum gossip and 2 dimensional images on something you have NO first hand knowledge of

All I have is pictures?

Pictures can convict a man of murder, rape any crime in the book. Pictures show me evidence and are backed up by friends personal handling of the weapon. Do not think I spread *beep* without a clue of what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

Forum gossip? I wasn't basing anything on gossip. People HAVE had their gearboxes *fruitcage*ed by the blowback parts falling into them. People HAVE had their pistons stripped. There ARE various externals faults.

And for the last time, you can't make me go away. So stop trying. ;)

I wasn't biased against this weapon from the start. I was hoping it would learn from the mistakes of the Star. Which in a way it did. It has easy takedown and metal gearbox, although all the custom parts put me off a little, it also well while working.

I started to dislike it after seeing pictures showing loads of small external faults which on a £300 gun should not be present.

Then I hear about the blowback, it encorporates a part designed to break to save the gearbox. Great, a good idea. Sadly some brightmind didn't think it through because this breakable part then procedes to fall into the gearbox and *fruitcage* it over. Not the best thing is it, let's be honest?

Ok, so now it's not looking like a great new gun. Then there's news of a few stripped pistons, these are because of 9.6v batteries? I'm guessing this is because it keeps the spring compressed. I have to say although this feature is nice, I'm not sure it's worth it, just my opinion. TM have managed pretty much the same thing with the m14, you get a real trigger action and almost no delay but without the misfire and battery restriction.

Yes I haven't pointed out the good points of the weapon. It's good a nice weight and shoots well when working properly. I'm sure there are more. Such as G&Gs great customer service.

i never proclaimed it was perfect in fact this is the second time i have asked you to point out one occasion when i said so !

I have a TM M14 and i love it but the trigger is nowhere near the feel of either real steel or the L85 !

as i said this is one of very many AEGs and is not the only one i use, i just think you need to look at things objectively instead of dismissing them outright before trying them ;)

SS the neg rep is for you trying to start a flame war AGAIN ;)

i never proclaimed it was perfect in fact this is the second time i have asked you to point out one occasion when i said so !

I have a TM M14 and i love it but the trigger is nowhere near the feel of either real steel or the L85 !

as i said this is one of very many AEGs and is not the only one i use, i just think you need to look at things objectively instead of dismissing them outright before trying them ;)

SS the neg rep is for you trying to start a flame war AGAIN ;)

When did I say you said that? :unsure:

The trigger on my m14 if it had more pressure is exactly like some real steal rifles I have shot.

it is true it is a nicer trigger than usual but not anything in comparson to the L85 or real rifles.

I didn't mean you that time PariahWolf, i was reffering to SS ;)

to be fair i may actually take my M14 out for a spin this weekend as i just glanced across whilst talking about it and remembered how lovely it is

it is true it is a nicer trigger than usual but not anything in comparson to the L85 or real rifles.

I didn't mean you that time PariahWolf, i was reffering to SS ;)

to be fair i may actually take my M14 out for a spin this weekend as i just glanced across whilst talking about it and remembered how lovely it is

Yes they are, sadly mine hasn't got semi at the moment, although next skirmish I'll be using my new G&P CQBR. Hopefully <_<

I have got to say that If they sorted most of the visual problems and removed their gay trades from the A2 I may get it.

Although I'd have to fit a real rail to it and add weights to the thing to make it full weight. Also add a UGL and SUSAT. About 7kg right their. Also my dream gun.

trust me it is full weight ;)

hopefully this next batch should have the new cover plate in place to rectify the blowback part falling

to be fair if other AEGs had the blowback feature the L85 would get used a lot less as it is that part which is really enjoy about firing it .

less like using a shoulder mounted sewing machine as it gives more feedback when you fire it

Archived