G&G L85 reveiw

Tank

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree with angry. this happens all too much. people complain before they praise. nothing wrong with noticing the errors in the gun, but when you start bashing a brand new prototype gun like that, i think that's taking it too far. i don't recall any of the sticklers praising G&G or anything, whether they deserve it or not. they put forth the effort to answer our calls for a l85, and they answer, and all they get is all this ugly criticism?

i'm sure the gun will get better as time goes, on. remember, it's just a prototype.

Jesus christ guys - it's a prototype. That means some things can and will change before release - and since G&G have the best CS of any airsoft manufacturer - perhaps you should email them with your concerns, and they may consider them and try and fix them before release.

You really are a lot of whining miserable gits. :P Don't worry in a few years time you may have to own a pink one anyway...

Growing list of problems with gun:-

-Wrong colour trigger - You pedantic people. I know that i look at the trigger when i'm firing it.... krylon if you care.

-Wrong colour receiver pins - should i slash my wrists now? Or get out the krylon?

-Crappy trades - That's a bitter of a trainspotter thing to say :P

-Wrong colour gas parts - Krylon? Paint? Care?

-Wrong mag catch - But is it? We spent about 3 pages ont he other thread whining about this before a fair few people realised they knew sod all about the SA80/L85/ARRSE/FIST/WTF

-Wrong colour mag catch - Looks like krylon would be a good investment for you.

-Consumable Blowback - Disable it? Most of us didn't want it anyway.

-Damagable gears - Disable the sodding blowback then. Too proud? Thought so.

-Unique gearbox internals - Depends how "unique" they actually are....

-Custom Battery - Custom battery? Sod me, the end of the world. If you can afford a £300 rifle i doubt another battey will break the bank.

-Bad finish - KRYLON? I think it looks fine and i couldn't honestly give a toss. I'll be covered in mud and scratched in no time anyway - eh PW?

-A1 - Well *fruitcage* me sherlock. An L85A1 thats an "A1" and you complain about it?.

No-ones forcing you to buy one...

/prepares for incoming neg reps....

-Wrong colour trigger

-Wrong colour receiver pins

-Crappy trades

-Wrong colour gas parts

-Wrong mag catch

-Wrong colour mag catch

OHNOES TEH WORLD AM ENDING!

-Consumable Blowback

To be fair - no one else has been able to make one that lasts.

-Damagable gears

Please link me to the indestructible gears that you use - I'd like to melt them down and cover my house in them to avoid death from nuclear war.

-Unique gearbox internals

STAR L85. Oh dear - your argument dies.

-Custom Battery

STAR L85. Oh dear - another one of your argument dies.

-Bad finish

Subjective - I don't see a problem with it.

So?

DarkLite is right : we all wanted a cheaper l85 and there are a few bugs in it but so what it's a prototype and the blowback function is nice but if you don't want it , you dissable it and noone has seen the production models and have made a review of it so we do not know how good the quality is going to be

QUOTE(PariahWolf @ Aug 19 2006, 03:13 AM)

-Unique gearbox internals

STAR L85. Oh dear - your argument dies.

It uses standard gearbox internals, it is just the gearbox itself that is not standard.

And it can fit a standard mini battery if that is such a concern

So either spend £100 more on the STAR: You get a £70 case as said and it works fully out of the box, as they should

and then pay for a downgrade: Just the cost of a spring, It's not neccessary for the gun to work, It's only a procedure some people will have to conduct due to there FPS limits, You live in USA or anywhere else that allows 400FPS automatics then it's fine

a new motor: The standard motor works fine ???

and an expensive custom batteryThe battery brand new is cheaper than a large Ni-mh brand new, It's only more expensive 2nd hand. I'd say thats due to popular demand-i.e they're less common "for sale thread" items

or get one of these and pay for a couple of cans of krylon, a custom battery and spend 5 minute's disabling the blowback.

Hmm defeats the point of what they're suppost to produce, A fully working AEG. Not one you have to fiddle with to make it right

Sums up G&G anyway, i was expecting parts to break. Should be incorporated into G&G's motto.

Give it another years or 2 and this might be good. As G&G will have re-made it 10 times or whatever.

Still Star proves to be better.

We'll see on ICS: Don't expect much ;)

I agree with Pariah tbh

There are always people who complain, hell those AK nuts complained when the grip was made longer to fit a motor in. That couldnt be helped and all of G&Gs problems could

They may all seem like stuff that could be fixed but at that price, much like with the star, i expect things to be perfect. Then again when people use the real gun theyre bound to be overly critical, it cant be helped

Maybe its just wishful thinking but do you think STAR will lower the price on their L85? They lowered their prices on the AG36 when CA came out with theirs from $500 to $268. So maybe *crosses fingers* STAR will drop its price a bit. Even a $100 drop would be nice. :(

So is my hope, hopeless? :(

Those are problems I have with the gun, also the reasons I won't be buying it.

I've personally never seen a Star break, apart from a hop up that some guy had messed with. So I'll be buying a Star and laughing at you while I do.

Great, buy the STAR, knock yourself out. But please, just shut up about it.

They may all seem like stuff that could be fixed but at that price, much like with the star, i expect things to be perfect. Then again when people use the real gun theyre bound to be overly critical, it cant be helped

Hint of superiority complex, i like it.

I've never had a gun that worked just perfect out of the box. I tweak them (read - screw up) modify, add bits. Hell i've not fired my carbine yet and i've dumped about £60 into it...

Ok, sure the quality is naff now, but just wait about 5 months after launch and it will be ten times better. For people like Pariah, I understand what you mean, bud, and the star is probably much better suited for people with a real thing for detail. Now me, I just want something that resembles a L85. I'll disable the blowback, and I'll have a gun that I won't even have to touch internally. So I'm psyched.

Archived