G&G L85 reveiw

Tank

hi guys,

though i would add my 2 pence worth. the G&G L85 is based on the first issue L85. i had one of these years ago. it went back for a few mods including the mag release. so if you want an original L85 buy the G&G one. if you want a L85A1 then buy the star one.

i have the star one and it looks and fires great. i might get one of these if they produce an LSW varient as it will be cheaper than the star one hopefully.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so if you want an original L85 buy the G&G one. if you want a L85A1 then buy the star one.

Please consult your nearest Armourer for a correction of these facts. I fell for it, you've fallen for it; let's make sure it stops here.

Which, the STAR? Or the G&G?

Cos I'm pretty damn sure niether do.

Yep, the STAR uses V3 internals as I said pages ago.

Hopefully G&G will have listened to the points raised about the STAR SUSAT and make one with an eye relief that can be used better with goggles, or it not then perhaps they could make an RDS in a SUSAT shell. I would pay money for that as long as it was really bloody BB proof.

Tank, if you have time could you please measure the distances marked in red here?

boxmes.jpg

I'm trying to figure out if the box is good for a project gun :)

These are not exact measurements as the gearbox is still dis-assembled, but they should be very close. (within a few mm)

7.25" / 18.415cm

3.25" / 8.255cm

7.5" / 19.05cm

Thanks a lot!!

It's way longer than I hoped :(

I can't get my head around that from looking at the pics on the G&G site. Is the cylinder longer than normal? From the pics it doesn't seem to have the space behind the spring guide that the FAMAS and Star box does, but your measurements sounds like it does :(

Edit: Did you include the nozzle in the measurement?

Edit2: Just reread your first post. PSG1 size cylinder <_<

Do I care if a bolt is grey or a serial code has an axtra 0-0 and not a 46 or whatever...no, I have a M190 I am used to appaling trades.

I am allready saving up for one and I think it looks very nice, after taking it's FPS down to 330, I will disamble to blow back only to be used for mil-sim low caps events, rather than hi-cap sunday skirmishes.

As for the battery I will simply rewire one of of crane stock ones it will take all of 2 minutes and next to no hassel. Actually my 2 gp cranestock batteries would probaly fit, that is if it can work well with a 9.6, though 8mm gearbox tells me it probaly could.

Edit: Spelling needed some work!

I recently visited the military odyssey at the Kent County showground. Airsoft warehouse had a stall there and they had a demonstration model there for people to look at and hold, and i must say, it is beautifully balanced! good construction with a good weight, im defo getting one! :)

QUOTE(evilliboba @ Aug 20 2006, 02:07 PM)

Maybe its just wishful thinking but do you think STAR will lower the price on their L85? They lowered their prices on the AG36 when CA came out with theirs from $500 to $268. So maybe *crosses fingers* STAR will drop its price a bit. Even a $100 drop would be nice. sad.gif

So is my hope, hopeless? sad.gif

Not to worry, we just have to wait and see.

Well Star Prices on the AEG will go down as competition comes. Just wait and see as the G&G L85 is release. It will only go lower as the ICS comes out.

Im pretty sure ICS can make a decent L85 by improving the designs upon the Star L85.

Has anyone tried using the Star L85 blowback kit? :)

I saw on the ehobby website that they removed the case from the m249's and lower the price by $100.

So maybe Star will take out their cases on their L85s and lower the price at the same time on costs and shipping.

Archived