-Custom Battery

-Bad finish

-A1

Just gets better doesn't it?

typical G&G then <_<

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya'll are all way to critical. Tell me when your playing if you actually notice any of these problems. I sure the person your shooting at is going to care about how your trades are wrong, the trigger isn't grey (ZOMG). Just shut up about how it looks unrealistic and *beep*. No one cares when your out at the field if your gun has a silver bolt or not. That is if you actually play.

@keychain: Thanks for that incredibly constructive post.

In response, some people obviously do care about the details or this conversation wouldn't be happening, in the defence of geardos (i'm not one personally, i don't give a *beep* that my G36C has Tokyo Marui written on it) there are some people who get great enjoyment out of having the most authentic looking kit as possible.

Who are you, or anyone else, to tell them they are wrong for liking that aspect of the hobby?

Darkchild

Oh man, those G&G trades one the lower receiver and handguard really take the ######

What the hell is with the handguard?

22910174372.jpg

That extra bit inside the front of the hanguard makes it impossible to fit the custom battery pack that the STAR l85 uses without having to modify it :(

Think I'll stick with my academy, and make it as good as possible

this maybe a stupid question but how do you get a review example of a gun ? do you have to ask them for that you can review it and that they will send a review example to you ?

I work for a company that is a G&G dealer. So I sometimes get access to things/information earlier than the average bear.

Growing list of problems with gun:-

-Wrong colour trigger

-Wrong colour receiver pins

-Crappy trades

-Wrong colour gas parts - actually not sure on this one

-Wrong mag catch

-Wrong colour mag catch

-Consumable Blowback

-Damagable gears

-Unique gearbox internals

-Custom Battery

-Bad finish

-A1

Just gets better doesn't it?

Dude, you are WAY too picky (IMO, no flames please). I will give you the custom battery (that is annoying) and the damagable gears (that is VERY annoying; as in throw gun against wall annoying), but I mean come on! I know that it is nice to have the gun as realistic as possible, but there is this magical tool known as Krylon paint that can solve all your problems. Personally (and of course, you may have different expectations) if the gun perfoms well, who really cares about such small aesthetic errors? Now, I am by no means defending this gun as:

A ) no experience with it

B ) G&Gs have a less than stellar reputation

But still, isn't this just a bit over the edge? I mean give the gun a chance! I know that for the price it retails one would want it to be as incredible as possible, but considering that it comes 380 FPS out of the box (sorry all you UK folks :P ) shouldn't we cut it some slack. I have no idea on the reliability as of yet, but if it is a reliable gun and performs as well as that stock FPS would indicate, shouldn't we at least wait until some user feedback is available?

EDIT: Can one every type "B)" without getting a smiley???!??! :waggle::angry:

Well at least i can say i didnt expect any better from G&G, though if this a prototype, then they might have some more time with it. It needs to be field tested though, not taken apart on a bench and played with, thats where most of us require our guns to be up to standards

well this is my plan. .. .. stick w/ my CA m15 until it dies (got it in feb. so it has some life left) and then by the time it dies :( then i will pick up the G&G L85. By that time HOPEFULLY all the kinks will be worked out! hopefully i can get a SUSAT that isnt over 100 bucks!!!!

but does anyone know if there is an option if u can disable the blow back? (W/o altering the gearbox and what not)

also are spring changes easy? b/c if i go play CQB then im gunna need to put in a lighter spring. . .

OH ONE MORE THING!!! (then im done i swear ;) )

it still comes with a tightbore barrel right (whats the size 6. ? ? ? )

THanks,

McDe

Looks decent... my only real concern is that while it's obvious this new gearbox is a V6 derivative, the shoulda copied or at least used the same bushing setup... Why? Well on a v6, if your sector gear broke, all you would have to do flip the sector gear bushing and you could use a standard V2/V3 sector gear and not the smaller one which is harder to get. Otherwise this looks like a great gun. I can't wait til G&G adapts this gearbox setup for another gun :D

I really don't think these problems are as bad as everyone is making them out to be.

Let's take Pariah's list:

Growing list of problems with gun:-

-Wrong colour trigger - A bit of krylon if it bothers you that much.

-Wrong colour receiver pins - Actually, they're meant to be silver.

-Crappy trades - Boo hoo. Do people whine that their MP5 doesn't have correct trades?

-Wrong colour gas parts - You can't see them with the cover closed and krylon can fix it.

-Wrong mag catch - I'll give you that one.

-Wrong colour mag catch - Some armourers paint the mag catches.

-Consumable Blowback - You could disable it?

-Damagable gears - Put a loose piece of metal in your gearbox, see why most people will disable the blowback?

-Unique gearbox internals - I'll give you that one.

-Custom Battery - So does the STAR. At least they give you a nice diagram in the manual so you can get a custom one made real cheap.

-Bad finish - In the pics it doesn't look too bad.

-A1 - They're making an A2 as well and the A1 can be used with more loadouts.

So either spend £100 more on the STAR and then pay for a downgrade, a new motor and an expensive custom battery, or get one of these and pay for a couple of cans of krylon, a custom battery and spend 5 minute's disabling the blowback.

So either spend £100 more on the STAR and then pay for a downgrade, a new motor and an expensive custom battery, or get one of these and pay for a couple of cans of krylon, a custom battery and spend 5 minute's disabling the blowback.

Oh come on. You can do a custom for the G&G yourself, but not for the Star one? And I think a local owner has shot like 20k with his L86, still no breakdowns. I'll ask him again.

You can also downgrade it yourself, used 328fps-ish springs aren't that expensive.

Ya'll are all way to critical. Tell me when your playing if you actually notice any of these problems. I sure the person your shooting at is going to care about how your trades are wrong, the trigger isn't grey (ZOMG). Just shut up about how it looks unrealistic and *beep*. No one cares when your out at the field if your gun has a silver bolt or not. That is if you actually play.

As a Marshal I play every weekend and shall be attending my second international weekender at Fireball this year. The serial numbers have never been an issue for me (my STAR is close as dammit which is nice though), but the colour of the cocking handle and bits like that are a concern when I may be paying £300 for a gun. It's not a matter of how realistic the gun is, it's a mater of how much effort the retailer put into the gun. If they got the colour of some important bits wrong then perhaps they haven't put in the hours to make the quality of the gun high enough to make me spend my money on it.

You tell people to stop being critical and yet you are critical of them, something of a double standard I feel. Also by the very fact that so many people apparently do care about the colours your suggestion that nobody cares is indeed false.

Honestly, you guys are too picky.....and the finish looks alright to me.

And doesnt the star also have unique internals? And from what i hear their aftersales service isnt nearly as good as G&Gs(probably the only thing G&G are truely good at).

Nope, they have released the pistons and tappet plate but the internals are all version 3. I have changed a couple of part with V3 parts and mine has done 90,000+/- rounds.

The really stupid thing about this whole topic is that not many months ago the Star was getting the same kind of beasting. Now all of a sudden its almost being treated as the ideal weapon. I'm sure in another 6 months time the same people will be slagging off the ICS whilst at the same time using the G&G as a reference to how it should be done. I guess there's just no pleasing some people.

Archived