*fruitcage* damn.

GigaScythe

Ok, so I installed the beta for WMP 11. Now that I've tried it (and think it suxx0rz balls), I do not want it, and would like to revert to WMP 10. However, I see no way to uninstall the *fruitcage* thing and whenever I try and run the setup for '10, it tells me that it can't continue because a newer version is already installed. I've tried removing what folders appear to be related to the thing and then reinstalling but no luck. Also tried using the Add/Remove Windows Components utility but it doesn't even work.

Additionally, since the installation, embedded wmv videos won't work in Firefox, it says I need a plugin. However, the player is already installed. In IE they work fine, though.

And I've tried restoring my system using System Restore to an automated checkpoint created last night. It failed, for reasons unknown to me.

Ideas? :(

(there's a +1 in it for you ;))

Don't wanna butt in, but I have a similar problem. I'm running WMP 10, but embedded videos won't work for me either. They buffer, then just say 'ready', and there's no play button that I can see. Right-click and nothing comes up.

Gotta love Windows stuff, aintcha? :rolleyes:

Archived