Hey another newb :P Slight Prob :l

Suicidal Melon

Hey im thinking bout going into the Airsoft Community soon and have been interested for a while, but the only thing holding me back are, as im 15, my very stubborn parents :mellow:

They seem to think that Ill go around shoot people left right and centre and that they are very dangerous. I have tried explaining that they are not those £5 guns that holligan chav use but, alas, to no avail.

Any tips on trying to win them over :D

Give up now. If you don't the worst event will be you spending thousands of pounds on many guns, kit, and camo, then tools, and more guns.

You will never have a girlfriend again, and all your friends will think you are a nutter. Your parents will think less of you for spending thousands of pounds on toy guns.

no please don't.

On a slightly more serious note, you have to prove to your parents that you are responsible. If you prove to them that you are an honorable member of the public who will uphold all the laws and safety of owning replica firearms then you stand a good chance of getting them to respect you, and your decision to be an airsofter.

(failing that get them to read this post hehe)

Give up now. If you don't the worst event will be you spending thousands of pounds on many guns, kit, and camo, then tools, and more guns.

You will never have a girlfriend again, and all your friends will think you are a nutter. Your parents will think less of you for spending thousands of pounds on toy guns.

ed-skar is that your life story?

anyways im also 15 i just told my parents all the other things that ppl my age do that are worse not sure if i'm allowed to say them on here so i guess i'm sure you can think of some.

ed-skar is that your life story?

Lets see shall we

1. Spending thousands of pounds on airsoft.... failed. spent probably about 1k so far (one year in)

2. No girlfriend.... failed. I am not exactly casanova, but i do have a lovley lady at the moment

3. Dissaproval of friends.... half passed, half failed. Everyone knows i am safe and sensible with my guns but even my airsofter friends think i know too much about them!!

4. Dissaproval of parents.... failed. My parents respect me.

To the origonal poster: Respect and honour, those are your only requirements.

Hey i'm 14 and have been playing for ages now. But when i started my parents were against it. I suggest buying a cheap LPEG first (saying its really really low power, which it is) and acting really responsible with it (It may be tempting if you have a bro or sis but don't shoot them!) then a month later try and get a skirmishable gun (A] they will probably think its just a tiny bit more powerful) By this time they should think that you are responsible enough to have one anyway, but otherwise refer to A]

1. Spending thousands of pounds on airsoft.... spent around £700 on airsoft

2. No girlfriend.... I have a girlfriend (i may have not told her about airsoft :))

3. Dissaproval of friends.... they think its cool

4. Dissaproval of parents.... They respect me

Welcome to the forums Suicidal Melon :)

I kind of have to agree with Ed's post - In the long run, you really must look at the finacial side of airsoft - It Does Cost A Hell Of A Lot Of Money!!1!

But, if it is something that you are dead keen on, have dreamt about for moons gone past, then go for it :P - Perhaps go to a skirmish or two, take your parents with you, to show them that the people that play the sport arnt raving maniacs :P

In the mean time, I don't suppose I could take a minute out of life and ask you to fill in This for me? Its nice for newcomers to introduce them selves :) - Its just a bit of fun ^_^

Rob

Archived