More resource in the Video/Downloads Section!

Dear all Arnie members,

As I've realised AirsoftRetreat is down and hacked/whatever, I was looking at "our" download section, and comparing it to AirsoftRetreat, has nowhere as much vids and resources as them..

Me, I've tried to do my bit. A nice chap (by the name of Xaccers :)) helped me host some videos up, but I don't think Arnie has downloaded them to host up on the downloads section.. :(

So, as a whole.. I was thinking we could make Arnies Download section alittle better and bigger. Those with digicams and a armoury can easily make some gun movies (like the ones in AirsoftRetreat) and those with team skirmish videos you can send to Arnie to host up..

..Good idea? This post is more of a member thing, helping out the site we love (well, I love..) thing is, my damn internet connection is slow, hence why I can't send Arnie my 100MB of videos :(

Well I wouldn't mind adding a few vids, but like you TaQ, I can't really host them. Video is a bit of a mission to find space for, and though I've got megabit, my upstream is pretty poor.

TBH, I didn't know we had a media section :) I'll have to look for it now...

Guys,

I don't know how many of you remember the "Guns in Movies"-page I hosted ages (I mean ages!) ago... 1-2 minute clips of interesting and cool shootout scenes from movies.

If you're interested I can put them up/back, but I'd really need hosting for them.

M.

Marcus: Well secure isn't hard, but I'm not keen on any form of public ftp access as it's just open to abuse. I tend to see anything that allows users to upload something as a possible security issue. Better to be safe than sorry I guess ;)

But yeah.. b/w is the big issue. I'm hesitant to host loads of videos as it just takes up lots of b/w and therefore costs stupid amounts of money to do so.

If a video is too large to be emailed over to me it's probably too big to put online.

We're on the same line.. :) 

Oh, they aren't ASR videos though, they're filmed by this team called... somethingsomething NIGHTMAREBEFOREETERNITY......can't remember.. 

oh yes i remember them i can get a vid of a steyr aug civ and a g3 sg1 firering. and i could get a video of all the enola gaye pyro range going off (well i have to test my new camera on some thing)

Edited by recon