Need some Boot recommendations for Non-AS use

Miah

I'm needing to replace my work boots & could use a little advice.

Figured I might as well go w/ some sort of Patrol boot since I should be able to get something pretty decent for less than what most places charge for name brand "work" boots. Anyhoo on to the specs.

I'm an auto detailer & looking for boots that are comfortable, waterproof, slip resistant, & cheap.

Comfortable: On my feet all day long, hopping in & out of vehicles 5 days a week.

Waterproof: Not so much worried about keeping the feet dry as keeping the exterior of the boot looking good for as long as possible. Mostly I just get a whole lot of splash on the toe of the boot, don't want it to stain & look nasty.

Slip resistant: Should be obvious, don't want to bust me *albartroth*.

Cheap: Hey I'm an auto detailer, think I'm made of money? From my own & other's experiences boots will only last 6mo tops, so don't want to spend couple hundred $$$ twice a yr.

Thinking perhaps $50-70 I could manage ok. Tried some Wal-Mart $40 tac boot knockoff & I could only stand them half a day before going back to my worn Bates Ultralites. Wal-Mart shoe dept is the Suck.

What brand names & models are best to go for even? Seen recently in my local catalogs

Rocky

Bates

Thorogood

Magnum

Converse

Thanks

Miah

I'm needing to replace my work boots & could use a little advice. 

Figured I might as well go w/ some sort of Patrol boot since I should be able to get something pretty decent for less than what most places charge for name brand "work" boots.  Anyhoo on to the specs.

I'm an auto detailer & looking for boots that are comfortable, waterproof, slip resistant, & cheap.

[snip]

I have only heard good things about the Converse in terms of everything you're looking for :)

Archived