Which piston head for slr105?

christhesecond

I regard both the CA piston head and gears as bad. If you want to switch the piston head, switch out the whole piston assembly for a G&P piston and G&P piston head with bearings. A 9.6V battery will run fine, even stock - unless your gears strip or something else breaks, whether that be because of bad shimming or something else. However, the parts are meant to be able to stand 9.6V. For gears, I suggest Prometheus, or at least Systema.

All I've done to my CA G36K is replace the piston head o-ring and i have a M110 in it. And I run a 9.6 in it exclusivly. It's had well over 25k rounds threw it and the only problems I've had where some electrical isues and my nozzle is starting to wear out.

Also have an AK length tightbore, but that has nothing to do with Gearbox stuff.

As far as I've seen the stock CA gears we have ended up with around here are 10 times better than TM stock and almost as good as orrigonal ratio systema.

cheers guys. im tempted to replace them anyway on my own and kind of use it as a learn my way around a mechbox kind of project. then stick a 9.6v battery in and if it does strip gears or something similar i can always fix it myself.

thanks for the words of wisdom

chris

oh yeah samuka what make of piston head and piston did you use for your slr?

Archived