ACU style Airsoft Suit in Commercial Brown Camo

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

since Hornblower kindly introduced the project and gave me this link today, i will jump in and fill the gap of Information :)

You may have guessed it, i'm involved with the project. In fact, i'm the initiator and and lead designer of the project. I have approx. 15 years experience in the outdoor / survival sector, have been for 12 years in the military sector, used both german (issued) and us gear for 10 years, till changing to DPM/PLCE for milsim/reserve action.

OK, first: Some facts and figures:

* Available Colors: "Rooivalk Woodland" and "Rooikat Tiger"

* Material Dress: 35/65 NyCo Ripstop

* Material Reenforcements: 90/10 NyCo Ripstop

* Additional used material: Velcro, YKK zipper

* Pockets Jacket: 2 chest, 2 upper arm

* Pockets Pants: 2 seat, 2 front, 2 cargo, 2 concealed for kneepads

* Pocket closures: Velcro

* Arm / Leg fastening: Velcro and cord

* Reinforced: Seat, Knees and Shin, Elbow

* Velcro for Tags: 2 on chest and 2 on each arm, 1 at the upper back

Pricing:

Will be less then a ACU kit in europe, but more than a HK ACU set. We´ll qguessit will be around 75EUR for the dress, and below 10 EUR for the boonie.

With this prices one must bear in mind, that these aren´t mass production suits! Begadi is a rather small-sized company, so mass order with 1000 dresses will_be_impossiple.

There has been a lot of development and testing gone into the concept. And its still improving. For example: The front buttons are now covered, the upper arm pockets completely re-done, etc...

Whats to come?

Well, currently we are awaiting the shipment of some prototypes and considering new items:

- assault vest

- multiple chest rigs

- sniper overall

- para smock

- eventually molle pouches

About the avavailability

Right now, there is no plan for distribution across the european borders since, like I stated before, Begadi is a rather small company. ReReleasehould be within the next 2 months, while a new prototype run delays the planned release in OkOctoberBut better this way, than the microsoft way :)

So far from me, imi'mpen for questions, but keep in mind that imi'mot nanativenglish speaking, so answers may take some time!

That Tiger Stripe is beautiful.

Actually, that was the first tested pattern, the bad side is: Our trusty manufacturer has no Nylonfibre in this pattern available, only cotton, so matching gear will be a serious problem.

The other tactical gear will be made of a rather unique fabric: A lightweight 90/10 NyCo RipStop material. We received a prototype MP7 dropleg holster, and were really impressed about the fabric, so i cant wait, till the chestrig (classic soldier95 style) prototype arrives here.

Some examples of former projects:

Custom Arktis M84 Rig with Bib in DPM

Lightweight webbing, OD

Viper modular, DPM

DPM Dropleg medic Pouch

Modified WebTex Vest

Hallo Grimm,

Willkommen auf Arnie's!

Great job on the camo suits - the Woodland version looks great. The "Tiger Stripe" version kind of reminds me of HyperStealth's Hollow-tex pattern...

Very glad to hear that you're going to do matching web gear too - its always a problem getting that stuff to match.

By the way, I liked the looks of your Lightweight OD rig.

Evening,

sry for the delay, but ive spended the last 3 days on nice german castle/fortress on our last reenactment-event for this year, were we werent short of anything, exept internet (ignoring my trusty PDA/GPRS Combo).

The Gear will be trialled like the dresses before, so no definitive yes or no on that. if it fails in my opinion, it wont make his way into sores!

The coyote version was the very first idea we´ve had, the camo pattern dropped in in the middle and wasnt initially planned. So we of cource work on that, but right now we are in the difficulty to exactly advice our manufacturer on how coyote schould look like.

Also i have a very kind color sheme in my material box, which is a greenish walnut-brown, very much like the confederate uniforms in the ACW Era. I´ve used a linen twill like that with my "playing in the woods" dress, and was very impressed with the outcome of the stealth factor it provides! For thos who dont know "playing in the woods": This is nearly the same as a skirmish, but with medieval weapons, clothing and armor!

With the gear i have a small problem: As i am a bit older then the average as-gamer in germany, I dropped in the hobby, where assault vests were pure futere, an vests like the LBV oder Harris assault vest were like untouchable icons. So we used customiced webbing.

My all-time-favorite was an US LC1 Webbing, with an M1967 H-Type suspender, german metal canteens in pouches made of ALICE packs and an od PLCE belt comforter.

So i was thinking like "Hey, the camo pattern looks nostalgic, why not a webbing for it?".

As i used also the PLCE94 Webbing (OD) for a long term, i choosed this, but:

Where the heck by a slightly used PLCE webbing kit? I only got my hands on a OD Yoke, but after that only junk or oxorbitant overpriced parts are available in germany.

Any advice on that?

Brit surplus shops, theres plenty on the internet. Getting hold of OD webbing might be trickier now though.

Right...

My question aimed more on the possibillity of a bargain tip like "Hey, look at xxx.xxxxx.xx, they are selling reduced Kits right now :)

After all the kit wont be used by me, i would be a prototype for a rooivalk kit!

That gear is absolutly fab im sure me and a couple of my team will end up putting in orders for some and my self and Zero are tiger stripe whores. Keep yp the great work and keep us informed. i actually look forward to parting with my cash for such nice and unique gear.

Grim

That gear is absolutly fab im sure me and a couple of my team will end up putting in orders for some and my self and Zero are tiger stripe whores. Keep yp the great work and keep us informed. i actually look forward to parting with my cash for such nice and unique gear.

Grim

Thanks!

And to have something for you to look for:

First Pictures of the low budget rig (will be approx. around 50 EUR)

cr2.jpg

cr1.jpg

Kool, It looks good, i think it looks softer and comfier to wear, the standard british webb gear materiel always look so stiff and irritating. Keep up the good work, im sure Kindread from my team will look into a chest rig.

Grim

Well, this here is kind of a dsign study, and probably will come to production too:

prototyp.jpg

But instead of the Standard X-Yoxe it will feature a PLCE like yoke, with detachable buttback.

GREAT! Putting a buttpack on it as standard is a great idea (look at the new one from KHS), putting some MOLLE/PALS straps between the shoulder blades would be very useful too (like the Tasmanian Tiger chest rig).

Just one other point - PLEASE don't use black webbing and buckles on the production version; use either Olive Green or Coyote Brown.

Hi there,

Webbing will be definatly brown in series Production, for prototypes our craftsman uses the cheapest avalable webbing...

Fastex are in discussion, because of the pricing, but nothing is fixed. I for myself also would like to have them in tan and absolutly no black at all!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived