ACU style Airsoft Suit in Commercial Brown Camo

@clownkev: Actually yes, there is a reason: Until now there was either ridicioulous expensive fabric available, which made the suit as expensive as a genuine Cry Suit, or cheap fabric in horric color tones. Since we aim at decent quality at a bearable price, it was no option for us. Luckily we now find a mill, who is able to print us exactly the new 2005 pattern camo version, so 2010 we will stock on flecktarn, too.

@BigAl: Not as softshell within 2010. The fabric we have is very difficult to print on. However, the jacket evolved from the "Grimmshield" project, the development of a light field jacket, that forms the link between smock and shirt, so most likely the jacket wil surface in ripstop. too. The basic system of the "Grimmshield" was a layer system:

Level1) Quick drying underwear

Level2) Battle Uniform, strictly for field-use, with no compromise for garrison duty

Level3) Cold weather layer, for wearing under Level2 and above Level1

Level4) Microfibre Combat Uniform, to be swapped with Level2

Level5) Hardshell Suit, to go over Level 2/3 or 4

Level 1 is already in Stock and has been tested and approved at this years "Redfor2009" Event from AirsoftNews.eu. The L2 is still in development, th new pants en-route to me for testing. L3 will see first light this winter, as part of the white snow suit, L4 is near final state for the jacket and the pants on its heels, L5 is stalled due lack of sufficent quality material.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, as soon as we get decent AusCam again. We completly switched our supplier for fabrics, so it takes time until auscam gets back in line. But last lot of fabric was so bad, we completly dumped it without producing any item from it. If we had, you would probably lynch us or make voodoo dolls of us.

Our current roadmap is:

- Within next 8 Weeks DPM temperate (both gear and clothing)

- Until Christmas Danish M84 (both gear and clothing)

- 1st Quarter of 2010 Rooikat Tigerstripe back in shop PLUS matching gear

- Later on M90, M90K, German Camo, Auscam, German Desert Camo

My main goal is, to get all camos to one standard of ripstop cotton and one type of cordura

Dude, if you guys make a good replica of the Tibetantarn (that's what you were taking about, right?), i will you a steak dinner :) .

Yup, we are talking about Tibet-tarn - and as you might have deduced, I've been begging Grimm for ages to stock it. Problem is, the standard fabric is very difficult - and expensive - to get your hands on, and the commercial repro rip-stop variety is schitt and also hard to get.

Yup, we are talking about Tibet-tarn - and as you might have deduced, I've been begging Grimm for ages to stock it. Problem is, the standard fabric is very difficult - and expensive - to get your hands on, and the commercial repro rip-stop variety is schitt and also hard to get.

Yea i understand...... been trying to get a set (other then those crappy repros) for a while, so i can imagine how hard it is to get the fabric just by the availability of the BDUs..... or lack of.

Well, actually I have

- good plain ripstop

- original printing scheme as file

But the problem is, I dont have much hope that it will sell to more than a few collectors / enthusiasts. And thats not enough to buy 6 Miles of fabric :(

Actually, not via direct order from us, but South-East Airsoft from Ireland agreed to serve to the US Customers. Shipping military gear to the states from germany is a pain in the a&ss with german bureaucracy.

Actually, our retailers can also order on demand, but for a US store that would be financial desaster, so he rather had to stockpile stuff. And this is rather dangerous with an unknown, german brand in the us. Lets face it, american customers are much more appealed by "Made in the USA" than "Maden in Germany"...

However, a collected order would be the best way, to save s/h. Before ordering, fee free to bomb me with questions about colors, zizes, features, etc, so everything is to your folks likings when it arrives! I rather answer a dozen questions than upset one single person!

People in the US would be much more receptive to "Made in Germany" then they are to the "Made in China" that we are used to. There end up being very, very few places that actually make this sort of clothing here, most of it comes from across the pond somewhere.

Well, actually I have

- good plain ripstop

- original printing scheme as file

But the problem is, I dont have much hope that it will sell to more than a few collectors / enthusiasts. And thats not enough to buy 6 Miles of fabric :(

Well, I don't know about buying 6 miles of fabric (!) - but my sense is that there is a LOT of interest in this pattern. Its juts not been as well known as others like DPM, Flecktarn, etc. Its certainly been one of the most read items on Strike-Hold!

I've got the crappy replica PLA Highland set, and I love the pattern but I'm just waiting for it to fall apart completely. I was sad when Felix Tactic vanished from the earth, and would definitely be interested if anyone else was doing something cool (or even just DECENT) with this pattern.

I heared thy message, so thou shalt wait in patience for thee result... *grumble* ;)

Well today is sample day, snow camo kit (3piece suit), final low profile softshell suit, 5(!) new chestrigs and 2 samples of new trousers arrived, I am of dooing images for the blog.

PS: MapleLeaf, for christs sake, get a skype account, so I can get you and Dom on line simultanously!

Small Update:

blog_rig.jpg

What you see here is one of the Variants of the lightweight rig. This multi-purpose version holds up to 4 pistol mags or 4 M203 shells/equivalent sized equipment. On the pic the rig is loaded with a swiss army knife, a taclight, 2 pistol mags, 1 m203 shell, 1 ms2000 distress marker and 2 cyalume sticks.

The rig carries some more suprises, but more on that later on, stay tuned!

blog_jacket.jpg

The final outer shell of our softshell jacket. It now features water-resistant YKK zippers, pen pockets on the arm, new zipper implementation and elbow padds. Still open and matter of development is the interior design. Coolmax / Mesh, Fleece or now lining at all are all on the table, but so is a mix of all three, too. I like to hear your opinion on that, too....

Quick remark:

Lot of folks ask these days: "Why the heck is this taking so long?" Reason is: We do these designs on our own. We try to do our stuff our own way. And for the softshell, we began with the incredible fabric we encounterd and start building a suit around the features of the fabric, to make best use of it. This means a lot of "trial and error", cause every time we change something, and be it just the zipper style, we put the item to the real-life test first, and thats the reason why we have to delay release a bit.

Sorry, but everyone who got gear from us, knows its worth the waiting!

Hiho,

I estimate the price for the rig around 20-30 EUR, we are not completly done with R&D atm.

The Pattern is large enough, its even larger "spots" than DPM (which I deem europes most excellent issued pattern so far).

The final outer shell of our softshell jacket. It now features water-resistant YKK zippers, pen pockets on the arm, new zipper implementation and elbow pads. Still open, and matter of development, is the interior design. Coolmax / Mesh, Fleece or now lining at all are all on the table, but so is a mix of all three, too. I like to hear your opinion on that, too....

I'm tempted to say, give it a mesh lining - that will help with the ventilation and with the wicking of moisture (sweat) away from the body to be evaporated. Similarly, it would help trap and wick away moisture that penetrated the shell.

It would also make your's different - everybody and their cousin does fleece already....

Archived