Support central.

svenbodybuilder

talking about the sling situation, i use a UK GPMG sling on my ca249 mk2, got it cheap off the forum. works well, and is very grippy. got the nice quick release system at the back, which has only once come undone unexpectedly <_<

but to be honest i dont think i really need it. sometimes its more of a hinderence than anything. and its not THAT heavy once you get used to it.

vnsmaller2492.jpg

very old pic, before the ghetto boxmag mod, railed cover and elcan copy, and custom flashider. and dirt. but you can see the sling. its rubberside on one side like tyre tread for grip, and is seriously heavy duty.

and im the only one thinks the Nam mag looks pukka as *fruitcage* ?? if only it could hold 1000 rnds lol

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi gus, well im getting to the stage with my CA249 MKII where its getting very beat up, the bipod isnt holding out so well, and its all rather scratched, so time for a new look when i can afford it! what i would like to know is several things about RIS rails,

with the RIS that fits on the heat cover (the bit the MK1 doesnt have) do you have to take anything off? or does it just fit on as is?

with the feed cover jobby, to get the RIS on there do you need to buy a whole new top, or can you just buy a RIS rail as i can see that you can take off the rear iron sight with hex screws..

cheers! :)

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has died somewhat :( Where are all you support gunners!!!

Anywho, some new pics of my Mk1 with a boxmag that I borrowed from

Jimmypie at Ultimate Wargames yesterday!

Me firing my 400round burst at a bush, then realising that it was just the wind moving it...not someone there :unsure::P Unfortunately the person who took the pictures cant hold cameras still.

DSC00554.jpg

Boxmags make great bipods.. :lol: Never used the actual bipod yesterday!

And just one for looks, cos im a picture ######.

DSC00553.jpg

BLASPHEMY!!!! i would rather have both infact... and im still crying about the cost of a feed cover... ah well.. got a job today so roll on more guns!!  :P

Both, yes thats the way I like it :) Now if I can only get the STAR M249 to work everything would be perfect :P

But if I cant get it to work I'll probobly have to sell it in parts and buy myself the VFC M249(if it's as nice as the VFC M60 that is)

just about to join the support role,

friend of mine is selling his Top M60 seals, upgraded to (just above forum limits) 330-340ish i believe

I've heard good and bad things bout the Top M60, I know it uses bellows n need replaced but I will get the cylender kit for her,

anyway anyone got opinions on the M60 by top?

I bought a Top M60 Vietnam Shorty from a team mate to see if I liked support gunning. The bellows had gone before I bought it and I decided to replace the whole lot with a cylinder upgrade. The upgrade was quite easy to do and all together took about an hour really taking my time and making sure that everything was correct.

Since then I’ve not used any other gun. This gun rocks, the rate of fire is incredible. Last weekend we had some new players, after we played a game they were all over to what gun had been spitting BB’s at them at such a rate. It is a very social gun.

Archived