Support central.

svenbodybuilder

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kousnik

A my personal opinion.... go for the 2500bb's drum, You'll see the difference.... and the fun!!! :D:D

Just for your info, go on the topic "picture of yourself posing" or however is called and You'll find my old gear when I had the Top Minimi....

Unfortunately I don't have with me any pictures of the new one with the para'... :(:(

Cpt Kaos

Hi Sven

If You're asking me , at that moment I sold it because of some economical problem but for what I experienced, as soon as I could I'd replaced everything inside with the piston system instead of the original Top system, as frame was very strong and well done except the fact that I'd to clean it and sprayed it with silicone grease to avoid that it get rusted on the bipod and on some other parts....

But You have to consider that I bought as soon as it comes out in Italy and We're talking of about 6 years ago so ,for that time, wasn't that bad....

Compared on what's on the market now, I will never get a M249 from Top anymore as the others are so much better....

Anyway, remember Sven ,as SAW gunner ,You'll never be the "star" of the game because usually that's the guy that flank them and catch them or who You support to launch the last attack, BUT, they will always be gratefull to You because without You their job will be so much harder, so keep going and ,above all, KEEP SHOOTING! & SHOOT & SHOOT & SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!! That's your job!!!

Ciao Ciao

Cpt Kaos

:blink:

I got back from Ground Zero yesterday after the weekend game (which was farking brilliant) and I was using 300rd M16 hi caps to make the game a bit more exciting (and was hoping to use less ammo) and I got through 22,000 in 2 days with 500+ people playing.

I was supporting a team of 8 with 4 riflemen, 2 scouts and a team leader. I was having a great time as everytime there was a contact it would be "CHRISSY GET A 300rd BURST IN HERE" so they could retreat, find cover and start firing back. (When you do that, you get a huge smile on your face) :lol:

I really need a boxmag...

do most people keep their heads down when suppressive fire is used?

well im not a support gunner in airsoft (i have used a real steel LSW A2 on a 48hr blank fireing exercise though) usually when giving suppressing fire i use 3-5 rnd bursts, this means the enemy will keep their heads down and it conserves ammo so i can do about 6-10 bursts per mag,

so when fireing i will fire 3-5rnds on their position, wait to see if they pop there heads up and then fire another burst

however in airsoft i find that suport gunners just spray the entire area, if im at a skirmish and theres a guy with a 249 or a M60 or even an LSW ill swap my M15 for my VSR 10 and go hunting, usually there back at the safe zone 10 mins into the game (unless there on my team when i keep my M15),

at the mo im thinking of investing in a Star M249 para, but its a choice between that and a M14 which would give me more money left over for mags,

I have a question for all minimi users, does anyone actually use STANAG mags in their 249

well im not a support gunner in airsoft (i have used a real steel LSW A2 on a 48hr blank fireing exercise though)  usually when giving suppressing fire i use 3-5 rnd bursts, this means the enemy will keep their  heads down and it conserves ammo so i can do about 6-10 bursts per mag,

so when fireing i will fire 3-5rnds on their position, wait to see if they pop there heads up and then fire another burst

however in airsoft i find that suport gunners just spray the entire area, if im at a skirmish and theres a guy with a 249 or a M60 or even an LSW ill swap my M15 for my VSR 10 and go hunting, usually there back at the safe zone 10 mins into the game (unless there on my team when i keep my M15),

at the mo im thinking of investing in a Star M249 para, but its a choice between that and a M14 which would give me more money left over for mags,

I have a question for all minimi users, does anyone actually use STANAG mags in their 249

Yeah I see that alot, I use a STAR 249 and have experience as a crew serve guy. I use real steel M60's and 240G's. I have found for Airsoft that useing the same principles I learned for the Real Steel work well. Controlled burst's of fire and the what not.

Has any one else used a three point sling with there 249? And if so does it seem to get in the way more than help? I am thinking of going with a simple 2 point sling like I use on the 60. The three point seems to feel overly constrictive. Or just use a d ring and hook it to my IBA and the buttstock of the SAW.

Hi Navy

I use the three point sling and it works fine with me, before I was using a normal 2 point sling and it works fine too, so I think is more a personal choice than anything else.... Hooking up the butt of LMG?? I didn't had try it yet, I did it with assault rifles (SIG551 & M4) and works fine but with an LMG?? Ok ,something new to try....

Cpt Kaos

:Zzz: Sleepy today.... Monday GRRRRRR

I got back from Ground Zero yesterday after the weekend game (which was farking brilliant) and I was using 300rd M16 hi caps to make the game a bit more exciting

:rolleyes:

Well you pretty much take away the point of having a MG when using normal mags. Everyone can put a hi-cap in there gun, but not a box mag(well you can, but it looks stupid and a normal gun cant sustain the amount of fire a SAW can)

I have used the STAR M249 for a few months now and I am very happy with it, I like the support role. However I must say that unless you have no muscles at all I would recommend adding some weight to the gun(I have added lots of metal parts to make it heavier) Not because it is any better, but because of the feel. And the fact that it's silly when a SAW is easier to carry around then an M4(well maybe not an M4, but you catch my drift) Other then that it is a nice gun, with lots of potensial if you are willing to give it some time upgrading. Oh... and some silver spray can really give the gun a whole new look:

m249_boks1.jpg

m249igress2.jpg

(the feedtray cover is metal and has just been sanded down, but most of it is plastic)

But in other support weapons related news. VFC still has not shipped out there MK43 and I'm getting more and more pi*sed. Well hopefully WGC will ship it to me next week.

*fruitcage* love those pics mate. As elitist as I am about my CA and not STAR :P

Screw it, since this is support central here are some pics of my baby:

IMG_02021.jpg

IMG_02001.jpg

IMG_02011.jpg

The Mk1 actually looks better with a STANAG mag than a box mag IMHO.

But ill be getting the box mag soon :lol:

well i was using my CA249 for the first time extensively at Operation: Vortex, and it was heavy but i got lots f impressed faces when i just ran up next to some guy pinned down on my team and absolutely laced out fire at the enemy positions, i didnt get too too many kills but helped alot of people move when pinned by just supressing the enemy, and when i did get kills they certainly knew they had been shot at... :P also i found that alot of enemies would pop around the corner to take a look, see me with the m249 and think '*%$#@' and run away, which was also entertaining, but boy did i get through some ammo!! also i kept getting requests from the more 'in the know' people on the team to lay down supressing fire, such as Jimmy_Pie off the forums on the sunday, though i doubt he noted it was me he was asking... but yeah so great fun, i have had to change my style of play to suit the support role and im glad i have a second primary i can switch to if i decide i dont want to lug around how ever many kilgrams of metal all day :)

piccy

IMG_1154.jpg

this was taken in my back garden but thats what i looked like at op vortex for the majority, excet the M249 now has a bottom RIS instead of the usual grips etc. :)

thats pretty sexy :),and I hope you dont use 3 color desert in woodland games.

erm yes, yes i do, infact the four in our team do, hey atleast we can find eachother if we get split up! :unsure::P next loadout will be us woodland digital so i think that will fit better, but after 2 days of crawling in the mud tricolour worked surprisingly well!! :lol:

I wish CA made an m60 that was the same price as their m249 and worked as well.I would give up my minimi in a second for an m60 E3 thad didnt cost $1500+ :(

Well VFC is coming out with the MK43 now, and that wont cost you more then 1100-1200 ;)

@Chrissyg, thanks. Well seeing that I have spent over what a CA costs now. I kinda regret not buying one from the start :P But soon my CA lower reciever will come, and then the only thing that wont be metal on my gun is the main reciever.

Im planning on converting my AK into a RPK. on my list so far is;

Metal body

Metal outter barrel (B&Q special)

Longer tightbore inner barrel

bi pod.

Custum 10 volt battery

Im considering gettign an autowiding drum mag, but the cost is a little high compared to 600 hi caps.

Im going to make the RPK stock, plus a foregrip.

Any advice you guys could give me?

Archived