Support central.

svenbodybuilder

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

get exactly hwta you want, not what you feel you should have, seriously this is the only way to totaly satify your airsoft addiction!! i'd get a drum mag, and the conversion sounds brilliant, i just hope you make the woodwork look good, and finish it off nice and smoothe etc.! but yeah, go for it mate!! cant wait to see the end result!! :)

cheers dirty mo fo, ive just got to get some pipe from B&Q or soemwhere simerler. If i can get that then im good to go. Im not going to pay loads of money for a kit, when i can quite easiley make the stock.

Quite tempted by one of those rather natty bi pods which spring out.

Should be able to see if this project is a goer on sundayish. When i go to measure the pipeing in jewsons....

Hi Guys

Hey Sven, that's my vest... When the #&ll did You came to my house to take pictures of It??? ;) Just jocking.....

Anyway, if You can find it take it, it works perfectly , because You can fit in there two spare drums and You still have a spare 100rds pocket for a spare bag of bbs, plus all the other uncountables pockets.... :D

For Gundronsen, I was reading your comment regarding the Star , your idea about having bought a CA from the beginning instead of the Star is only related to the weight or also do You regret something else? It sounds pretty strange to me hear that from You as You ,in the past, seems so entusiast about your gun... I hope that You don't take this question wrongly, I'm simply curios, if so I apologize ahead of time for it.... :)

Ciao

Cpt Kaos

It is mostly a weight issue(or should I say metal issue) In the beginning I wasnt really bothered by the fact that it was plastic. I really like the gun though(well not now as it is lying broken in parts wating to be fixed :P ) and I would still recommend it to people who want a support gun, but dont want to spend a fortune on it :P

However as I stated eariler, if I were to buy a M249 again now(not owning the STAR) I think I would have gone with the CA. But then again, why spend 1k on a M249 when you can get an M60 ;)

I should be getting my fully upgraded Inokatsu Mk43 in the next month or so, and will be building my support loadout off a molle PC base. I was just wondering though, do most of you guys carry more than one drum/box mag on you or do you just carry bags of bbs in your vest to reload the one attached to the gun?

Hi Machinegunners... or BBgrinders...hihihihi

I'm wondering on how will be to replace the ammo drum on the mk43 because I have two drum for the m249 always with me ready to go and it works fine...

Reaper: I usually carry with me two drums ready to go plus one on the gun, but in the beginning I had only one and it was easy to repload and go back to play ,it depends also if You are planning to go play in tournament where they don't allowed You nto reload magazines so You have to practice to be fast enough , and last but not least ,depends on your finances....

:D

Ciao

Cpt Kaos

Well, if youre going for the VFC I doubt you will be needing more then one boxmag since the BB capacity is 6000 rounds ;)

If youre going for the Inokatsu on the other hand(1200 BB's) you might want to pick up 1-3 boxmags. Changing mags should be just as easy as with the 249.

Exactly - why carry extra drums when its faster (at least on the full sized M249 boxmag) to pop off the side of the drum and pour in a loose bag of bbs. Just tape up the motor area like so below and you can do a reload in 1/2 the time it takes a stanag rifleman to speedload a mag.

gallery_9287_689_35342.jpg

As for that IDF support gunners vest. Thats abit overkill. Really all you need for a full days skirmish is a couple of decent M249 pouches, attached to a belt or molle vest.

Here's two I use:

gallery_9287_404_130755.jpg

and

gallery_9287_404_120897.jpg

Those are specific pouches for the M249 boxmag, and that, along with a camelbak and one other pouch for my other gear, is all I need for a full day's (12hr) skirmishing - assuming I'll go thru less than ~15,000rds.

Lighter = less fatigue. And +1 on the 3pt strap. Specter also makes a 3pt strap (in fact I think they're all manufactured by spectre and then rebranded). If you adjust it right it won't confine you. But I recommend a vest over loadbearing suspenders+belt for all SAW gunners because suspenders plus the saw just put too much weight on the shoulders. By the end of a one or two day event your trapezoids will be burning.

well heres a pic for ya all I just need to paint that flash hider.

Don't bother to repaint it sven. Just unscrew the flashider (I can't remember if its clockwise or counterclockwise at the moment, but its easy to figure out) and dip the end in cheap old nail polish remover. Soak it for 10-30 minutes and the orange paint literally falls off. Its black underneath.

As for rate of fire and how much ammo I go thru in a usual day, if you're interested here are a couple vids I took using a helmet cam of the SAW in action. Forgive the video quality, Youtube really makes you compress down uploaded vids.

Also pay no attention to the amount of orders I'm giving. I got "volunteered to lead a squad (a mixture with kids) and this assault took place at the end of the day, by which time the friendly force involved was made up of the splintered remains of 3 or four squads cobbled together.

Don't bother to repaint it sven. Just unscrew the flashider (I can't remember if its clockwise or counterclockwise at the moment, but its easy to figure out) and dip the end in cheap old nail polish remover. Soak it for 10-30 minutes and the orange paint literally falls off. Its black underneath.

As for rate of fire and how much ammo I go thru in a usual day, if you're interested here are a couple vids I took using a helmet cam of the SAW in action. Forgive the video quality, Youtube really makes you compress down uploaded vids.

Also pay no attention to the amount of orders I'm given. I got "volunteered to lead a squad (a mixture with kids) and this assault took place at the end of the day, by which time the friendly force involved was made up of the splintered remains of 3 or four squads cobbled together.

yous sounded very tired lolthanks for the vids +1

Well, if youre going for the VFC I doubt you will be needing more then one boxmag since the BB capacity is 6000 rounds ;)

If youre going for the Inokatsu on the other hand(1200 BB's) you might want to pick up 1-3 boxmags. Changing mags should be just as easy as with the 249.

Now I would go for the VFC Mk43 in a heart beat, if only it came with the front RAS like the Inokatsu, which for me makes a Mk43 more beautiful than the others.

its soaking in nailpolish remover as we speak :) I hope it works.

Archived