Support central.

svenbodybuilder

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right guys, I did some work on my Mk1 this morning and turned it into a beauty (more so than before if thats possible!!!). I completely took apart the hop up and rebuilt it. Goddamn the bucking is hard to put back in. And I cut down the barrel to Para length. It looks amazing, ill just get some pics off my phone of it!

wotcha all,

Quick intro: I got a CHEAP 2nd hand TOP M249 MKII a few months back and have put a LOT of rounds through it on the range, and have skirmished with it once and i must be in the minority as i quite like it! - i was looking at a Star one, but got this for less than i could have got the Star one for and am very pleased with it so far. (but that's a whole different rant/thread) :)

That out of the way, this seems the right place to ask, so my question to you lot is, what sort of range are you getting with your SAWs?

I'm only asking, as at Ground zero a few weeks back i was getting SUPERB range out of the 249 (talking as someone who's been in and around airsoft for a LONG time and used to be in a sniper role for quite a while of that) and never having had the 249 chronoed i was stunned to find that it was shooting at 280ish. That is with bellows, but an aftermarket Guarder piston.

I don't know wether to put the range & accuracy down to barrel length / a well set up hop unit / good bb's (q-bullet) etc etc and wondered what others experiences were.

Hi Guys

I'd got a look to the ISSAK gunner kit that Gundronsen suggest me... and guess what? I won one on ebay for 80$, not bad 80$ vs 300$, I'll have it waiting for me in Boynton Beach at the end of my contract (sighhh October 7th :( ) , then I'm gonna let You know how it feels and look wearing it and using it....

I've another question that is out of topic but it's bothering me a lot, I cannot post anymore pictures as my attachments global space left is too low, how I can solve it?

Thank You for your help and.....

Machinegrindersgunners of the world : shoooot shoooot shooot and if you're not sure shoooooooooooooooooooott again!!!!!!!!

Ciao

Cpt Kaos

:blink:

cant wait to see a para/mk1 hybrid,I'm buying a para length inner barrel and a para flash hider in a week or two I want to make an mk46.Iv heard rumors that one has to dremel something for 249 ras kits to fit the CA mk2,can someone please elaborate?

sorry i missed this earlier :( if you mean the bottom RAS you need to cut of the piece of metal which the grips screw onto, and where the bipod sits inside the grips (i hope that makes sence, well, this is a plate which sticks out off the main body, you will need to cut this plate off to get the bottom RIS on, this is pretty irriversable so if you'r going to do it then make sure thats what you want your gun to look like forever! :)

i did it, and i have no regrets at all!!

Hi, first of all sorry for my bad english.

I have a question about the slings for an Classic Army M249 MkII. Now i use this sling:

M249 Sling

After playing some time i can say the sling is a $&$@@!!!!

Its good to use moving from one point to another... but if we are on a skirmish or assaulting an enemy position i have to carry the minimi without using the sling because i can face to the enemy fast enough, this is not so bad in a short game but when you play an 8 hour "milsim" game...

The question is... there is a good sling to use with this gun? i read something about the Blackhawk SAW/M60 sling... but its a good sling? can i play using the sling most of the time when i play or its going to be like the other sling?

Thanks for reading this.

I got one of these:

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/asags8nx.html

and while the padded part does allow it some degree of movement i only tend to use the sling when lumping mine about and normally un-sling for any "interesting" bits.

Plus this way during a full days skirmishing it also acts as a mini-workout!

I went thru 3 or 4 two point slings and never found anything that worked for me for all-day events, so I went to a three-point sling. They're available for the M249 from a number of places and prices. I have one made by Specter and love it. All the 3 pt slings are basically the same design.

Here's one:

3 point sling from TAG

You can also check the Classic Army M249 thread for more sling suggestions.

Evening all,

It's this thread that made me spring for a STAR M249 Para as you've all said good things about it! :D

It arrived Friday and I took it gaming yesterday (saturday) .......... I had a great day with it and put around 13k rounds through it throughout the day. :D

This is the most fun gun I own :blink: ............ until around 4pm when the gun screwed up! :angry: I don't know exactly what happened - but I got a whiring sound as though the gears had stripped but looking a bit further it seems the piston has jammed.

I'm sending it back for repair ASAP, but wondered if anyone else had had this or any other problems?

Archived