Support central.

svenbodybuilder

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you guys suggest in the way of a sidearm for a support gunner? I'll be using a STAR Mk43 as soon as it is released with an extra two full box mags. Do you think I should even invest in a quality sidearm? I have been considering just buying a UHC NBB USP and a cheap holster for looks and as an absolute last resort in the rare occasion that I've emptied both box mags and have no time to refill them.

I actually recommend a high capacity compact pistol of some kind, be it an AEP, NBB or GBB. With a support weapon there is a tendency to load up with additional kit & large amounts of ammo. A cost effective handgun that will sit in a vest pocket or pouch and not interfere with anything else is a good idea.

The KSC USP or TM Glock are pretty reliable & cheap. You really just need something for very close range rapid firing when the SAW would be overkill/dangerous & maneuverability is prefered. I think your choice of the UHC USP would fulfill all these requirements.

• 1 month later...

What do you guys think about the CA249 clone that is coming out in July? If it is metal gearbox and ~$300, I will probably get it. With a tightbore, M120 (for UK, that shoots about, um... 12 FPS :D) and new hop-up and bucking, it could be as good as a CA, but cheaper. Right...? :unsure:

No that shoots at 400fps. I wouldnt really mention that here mate, from the way you typed that you know the rules but chose to ignore them.

Ill stick with my CA personally. I dont like any of the clones personally, and id far rather pay more for a lovely gun than 1/3 of the price for something that *could* be as good..and then fail.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ino is smaller than an M4 grip. Between one cm to one and a half centimetres shorter infact. So im not sure if your fingers will sit nicely on it. My little finger just about fits on the bulge of the grip of the Ino.

A pic comparison of each Mk43 (VFC, Ino and real steel) is the 19th post on this thread :

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=78593

All Ino M60 grips are the same size :)

A VFC/Real Steel grip is very much around the size of M4 length, but as I said above, the Ino is quite a lot shorter.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed while working my way through this thread that very few of the support gunners out there use anything but M249s and M60s.

I just bought a 3000 round drum mag for a stock TM AK47S and a cheap detachable bi-pod and that serves me fine. (Plus a couple of hi-caps for extras :) )

Am I missing out on something here....?

PS wouldn`t mind one of those nice looking Bren guns from Shoot`n`Scoot anyone own one of these? Are they any good?

I noticed while working my way through this thread that very few of the support gunners out there use anything but M249s and M60s.

I just bought a 3000 round drum mag for a stock TM AK47S and a cheap detachable bi-pod and that serves me fine.  (Plus a couple of hi-caps for extras  :) )

Am I missing out on something here....?

PS wouldn`t mind one of those nice looking Bren guns from Shoot`n`Scoot anyone own one of these?  Are they any good?

Thats because a M249 or a M60 is a support gun.

An AK with a drum mag is an AK with a drum mag. Unless you do a RPK conversion to it of course!

Thats because a M249 or a M60 is a support gun.

An AK with a drum mag is an AK with a drum mag.

I see your point but is the performance of an m249 or m60 that much better in a support role... I only ask as I might be tempted to sell up and switch my guns.

I see your point but is the performance of an m249 or m60 that much better in a support role... I only ask as I might be tempted to sell up and switch my guns.

No, but as a general rule airsoft is about realism. thats why a support gunner will use a support gun.

I was running a CA 249 on low caps yesterday........ it is now powered by a 9.6v & the ROF was emptying them pretty quick. :)

Okay I admit I am a box mag on an AEG snob.

I tend to think that a support weapon (especially in the UK with limits on FPS) should have a relatively high ROF compared to a standard rifle. Also that the extra ammo capacity, rof and "umph" should have have a balancing handicap like weight or long barrel length to make them less handy.

I like RPK & MG36 set ups but I am a little wary of the light weight Star MK46/M249's as I often see them used just as an assault rifle but with more rounds. The MK46 is tempting though because of the feed system & I find a vertical fore grip very useful.

I've played at many sites were box mag'd aeg's or loads of hicaps per player were pretty common & I just don't see the challenge of that kind of play.

Help guys, I also posted this on the m249 picture thread & got 1 reply from sir grim (thanks! :D), although, Im still seeking other opinions.

Cant decide what looks better

This....

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

or this

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

Im currently playing with the second setup , & Im planning to add an Elcan replica once its ini stock here.

Archived