• Created
  • Last Reply

somethings wrong with your browser

theres 6 threads in there, can you read this link its in the foxhole

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=25087

and heres the excellent reader review one by far east

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=126293

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, just received my M249 and i was wondering. Is there any essential pieces of Kit that i need as a SAW gunner.

More with regards to certain pouches, bags. all that kinda thing. Obviously top of my list is a sling, Would a bungee sling work at all?

Not likely. Best to go with a simple 2-point sling with nice padding.

Or start stacking on the plates at the gym.

Came home last weekend from an all-day op, and the wife says, "Were you carrying the SAW around all day?"

I say, "Yeah, why?"

She says, "Because your biceps are huge!" :D

SAW pouches are nice to drop bags of BBs in - I have a GTS SAW gunner rig with two said pouches, as well as two AR mag pouches that I use for my radio and other bits. I run the box mag exclusively.

if you look on eBay you can generally find a M60 sling, I have one for my M249 Para and made 'sling mounts' out of 550 cord (or paracord if you will) and it works great! It supports and distributes the weight well and also is extremely quite (since all support guns need that) I have $12 invested in making my sling!!!

• 1 month later...

whatever sling you get make sure its really padded, if it isnt, you may end up with a rather sore shoulder. lol.

you may need a couple of large utility pouches for ammo, and maybe a few M16/M4 mags if you are stuck in a fire fight and the boxmag runs out as the box mag can get a tad fiddly. lol.

finally id recommend ALOT of bbs. you will go through alot more than a standard AEG.

hope it helps

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=126293

Good place to start researching.

In a sentence, the A&K is a good buy, just replace the hop up rubber and nub, and replace/fiddle with the boxmag and your good to go.

My A&K is completely stock, except for a guarder hop up. I also replaced the A&K boxmag with a CA clothmag. Works just fine, I just want to get a lipo for it now. :D

So, what do you guys carry your M249 gear in?

My arms :P

I just stick my para in my normal rifle case (usallyalong with two other AEG's) and then the box mag in my kitbag.

When I'm skirmishing with it I just wear my normal belt kit and carry a spare bag of ammo in my dump pouch and a couple of hicaps in the mag pouches just in case.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

been looking through this thread for an answer but couldn't find one....

how many of you support gunners out there have assistants/someone that carries extra mags for you? If you do, how was your experience with them?

Am debating on whether to get more drum mags for my LCT RPK as there have been situations where I have actually used up all 9000 rounds in a single game before it has ended...

Archived