Support central.

svenbodybuilder

been looking through this thread for an answer but couldn't find one....

how many of you support gunners out there have assistants/someone that carries extra mags for you? If you do, how was your experience with them?

Am debating on whether to get more drum mags for my LCT RPK as there have been situations where I have actually used up all 9000 rounds in a single game before it has ended...

I try to designate an AG before gameplay starts. If my AG gets hit or runs off, I'll grab the nearest dude and kindly inform him I need a top-off (oo-er :D).

I find AGs almost a necessity, as my Ino Mk43 is THE firefight decider. My gun can't be down for the 10-15sec it takes me to reload it myself. The great thing about the side-mounted box on the M60 is that I can keep up fire while being reloaded, unlike the M249 or RPK. I imagine that LMGs requiring manipulation to reload wouldn't need an AG except to spread-load ammo with.

As far as your RPK goes, I suppose buying another drum depends on your playing style. Did you use another 5k rounds in that firefight, or just another few hundred? Do you have confidence that your sole drum mag won't break down? If necessary, do you have a teammate you can spread-load extra mags and ammo with?

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have the advantage with a RPK or M249 (CA or A&K) that other styles of magazine will feed them. So an M4 or AK hi-cap in a pouch can give you the few extra rounds you need.

I took my M249 out for its first real game yesterday. As i've already taken the bi-pod off, and put a vert grip on, I ended up treating it like a overweight and oversize assault rifle. Heavy but certainly enjoyable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TheMerchantofVenice....... I have owned an A&K m249 mkII for a little more than a year now and it works great high rate of fire and high fps, the only issue I have had with it is the trigger switch had issues right out of the box, the little arm on it is too long and gets stuck inside the GB easily causing it to fire uncontrollably. Too fix mine I had to go to Fareast's review and he explains how to fix it rather easily.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got a question/idea:

I read the AW guide (a great source of info). I saw these "be scarry, intimidating, biggest mthfckr, leave your Dyna gearbox for ninjas"etc.

I have this opposite idea wandering around:

- ninja AW :D AW operator with enhanced concealment skills, equipment and effort ;]

The theory behind the idea. The recon and ambush gives team advantage over bigger op-for. Camouflage and concealment gives even more advantage. What is better in ambush than AW with enourmos volume of fire. Again:

• You can't shoot or suppress what you don't see;
  • You can't outflank or out-maneuver what you don't see;
  • You can't throw a pyro or cover a smoke from what you don't see;

So, enemy can't deny AW from doing the job. How I am thinking to achieve this:

• Add mock suppressor;
  • Add an improvised gun wrap, such that doesn't disturb movement;
  • Use Jack Pyke mesh face mask;
  • Use ghille on my head and shoulders;
  • Use black BB's or mixed them with white ones (for night ops mix some tracers);

After a year of supporting my team as a sniper/DM I saw airsofters being shot from unknown directions getting really confused and disorganized. And thats few well aimed and quiet shots with bolt'y. I now thtat concealment is paramount in ambush and recon, but I believe that added camo and concealment can help AW achieve far better fire superiority.

I look forward for opinions ;]

• 1 month later...

I've got a question/idea:

I read the AW guide (a great source of info). I saw these "be scarry, intimidating, biggest mthfckr, leave your Dyna gearbox for ninjas"etc.

I have this opposite idea wandering around:

- ninja AW :D AW operator with enhanced concealment skills, equipment and effort ;]

The theory behind the idea. The recon and ambush gives team advantage over bigger op-for. Camouflage and concealment gives even more advantage. What is better in ambush than AW with enourmos volume of fire. Again:

• You can't shoot or suppress what you don't see;
  • You can't outflank or out-maneuver what you don't see;
  • You can't throw a pyro or cover a smoke from what you don't see;

So, enemy can't deny AW from doing the job. How I am thinking to achieve this:

• Add mock suppressor;
  • Add an improvised gun wrap, such that doesn't disturb movement;
  • Use Jack Pyke mesh face mask;
  • Use ghille on my head and shoulders;
  • Use black BB's or mixed them with white ones (for night ops mix some tracers);

After a year of supporting my team as a sniper/DM I saw airsofters being shot from unknown directions getting really confused and disorganized. And thats few well aimed and quiet shots with bolt'y. I now thtat concealment is paramount in ambush and recon, but I believe that added camo and concealment can help AW achieve far better fire superiority.

I look forward for opinions ;]

I do use a ghillie hat and add some foliage on my Mk43.....its just great

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to share some sad experience that may never happen to you (i hope so). Its related to LMG's, buying one and what is LMG in airsoft.

So. I come from small country with many fields and small/big events. 85 percent of them are milsim type with strick rules - like low caps, helmets, radio comms etc etc. Also, there is LWMG rule that says - m16 with cmag is no LMG.

There is one main shop here which sell most of the AEG. This shop also created the general rules for games, that now every event uses. This shop also owns the community forum. So you see, this shop has huge influence over the community etc.

So, two days ago I bought SRC MG36. My team needed LMG, I wanted to add some fresh experience to my games. MG36 was listed as LMG in shops website, I talked to shopkeeper about how to upgrade it to LMG limits etc etc. Everythink was ok until later I asked confimation from the shop via private forum message, that MG36 (which is still a long G36 with C-mag) will be treaded as per LMG. I received answer that they are thinking about it..,,,

I was like. Common.WTF? I already bought it and now you tell me???? I received reply that they think it will me treated as LMG but have lower fps limits... But hell, If I need G36 with box mag, i could buy short version and than add boxmag..... I needed a AEG that was an LMG replica of some sort...I sent official request to confirm all the limitations of the AEG in the events that they hold. All the others gm will just copy the rules...

I know that MG35 LMG is a ..... is not a real LMG. But my team needs it to practise and grow. Still, I see it unfair that a shop is so after the money that they sell the item and than back of. I am experienced player and I know what is what, but if it was a guy buying AEG first time and than knowing that he was scammed.... *suitcase* I hate this situation so much. If they say, that I cannot use it as LMG I will ask for refund...

that was my experience with buying LMG's :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived