Support central.

svenbodybuilder

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need more than ten to secure it by just the bullets. With 12-13 or so they lay in the feed location and the gun's built-in retainer holds them in place. In other words you want enough rounds so they lay like so:

gallery_9287_528_37309.jpg

As shown they're retained by the gun itself. You can see the retainer tab after the third bullet from the right. The 11th and 12th bullets keep the belt from rattling out.

With just ten or so if you're just reaching the opening, you'll need to affix something like rubber bands or twist ties and secure the top link to something under the feed tray cover.

I assume you've figured out how to affix the rounds to the boxmag.

Hi,

I wanna get a support weapon and im thinking either a STAR M249 or a TOP M60STD,

is the M60 any good with stock internals, i have heard mixed views about it, im going to be doing either a Gulf war 1 or Gulf war 2 loadout, and i dunno which support gun to get.

So with stock performance is the TOP M60STD worth the $540, or should i get the STAR M249 PARA

my experience is little, and I don't know a hell of alot, i believe the star M249 is very light and plastic where as the TOP 60 is mostly metal,

I have a top 60 (still yet to receive it) and stock they're ok but use a bellow system which needs replacing every 20-30ish thousand rounds, One thing I got told and suggest when buying the M60 is Get a cyclender kit for it, bout £50ish from HK and well worth the money,

Hi,

I wanna get a support weapon and im thinking either a STAR M249 or a TOP M60STD,

is the M60 any good with stock internals, i have heard mixed views about it, im going to be doing either a Gulf war 1 or Gulf war 2 loadout, and i dunno which support gun to get.

So with stock performance is the TOP M60STD worth the $540, or should i get the STAR M249 PARA

Hi,

I have a Top M60 Shorty and I love it to death. Never used another AEG since I got it.

Would I pay full price for one, NO WAY!! If I were to buy another I would look for a second hand one with the ANGS upgrade cylinder already done with a box mag and expect to pay about £300 - £350

Like the person above, I believe that the bellows last 20–30K rounds, some people have reported over 70K between changes so you might get lucky.

I’ve never seen a Star, but I too have heard that it is light and very plastically, but I’ve never seen one in the person. One of my team mates have bought one and will be at this weekends game with it, so I’ll see it then 

Overall I’m sure that you would be happy with either one of these weapons, so pick which one you like the most.

I scrounged a Star M249 for a game last year just to see if i wanted to go into a support role and LOVED it! But i ended up getting a cheap 2nd hand TOP M249 MKII and have to say it's a completely different beasty! Compared to the Star's plastic parts the metal of the TOP (or the CA) makes one HELL of a difference, well to me at least!

The other major thing you will find is the weight differences. Personally i quite liked the lightweight Star M249 as it didn't seem to physically drain me as much during the day as my TOP cannon does :)

Archived