Piston, piston head

SlvrDragon50

I've had good luck with area 1000 pistons and heads. As for helical, I'm not sure, but I believe they provide better drive for high torque applications. Someone else can give you a better explanation. As far as metal pistons, one may need one depending on the spring installed. I have a metal piston in an AK with a spring way over forum limits. A plastic piston would disintegrate with that spring. I do use a plastic piston head with the metal piston though.

No, they are wrong:

Polycarb pistons are lighter, less noisy, doesnt put as much stress on the mechbox as an aluminum, but are also havr weaker teeth.

Aluminum are heavy, risk damage to mechboxes, strip gears a little faster, but have tougher teeth than polycarb.

Full titanium pistons like the deep fire one are the same as above, except they strip gears even more, and have the best teeth obviously.

Polyamide (Note- Fanboy warning about to come, close ears if you dont like my opinions) Best piston IMO. Tougher than polycarb, just as light, have 3 metal teeth rather than the 1 that polycarbs have. These are only made by G&P, are the best mix of strength/lightness.

Helical gears/pistons have different ratios and angled teeth, so they are the best for torque up (WAY above forum limits FPS) setups. The piston/gears cannot exist without each other, meaning you cant mix helical gears and a regular piston and visa versa.

Metal piston heads are only reccomended for FPS at about forum limits and under, simply because they put alot of stress on the mechbox. They are louder, but are also stronger than polycarb heads. Personally, I just use polycarb because I have never seen (I'm not saying its never happened) a polycarb piston head "shatter" as some report. But I also ran an alum. piston head in my *00 FPS (800 divided by 2) and it did not shatter or even remotely damage the mechbox when I checked it after 10k rounds (CA Box). Just stick with G&P Pistons and G&P/Prometheus piston heads. Even though G&P doesnt have the best parts elsewhere, the mixture of a G&P piston and G&P unidirectional piston head is literally unbeatable (and it can be even better with a Viton o-ring).

Thats pretty much it, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

If you are using an ICS and you want to get the best preformance out of it only use ICS upgrade parts. For some reason the ICS AEG's realy don't like to play well with others.

And no, you should be ok with all your stock parts and the upgraded spring.

Archived