Official Metal Gear Solid Discussion

Fuser

Welcome to the Official MGS Thread

Why? Because we needed one, especially since MGS4 is being released right around the corner. Where do we start? I guess where we left off in that last one...

If anyone has any questions about MGS or any other titles in the series, we will answer them for you newbies.

Also, post here if you're working on any Metal Gear Solid-related projects or anything like that. We'd love to know about it.

Please, keep the flaming to a minimum. There are plenty of people who don't get stuff about these games, so take it easy on them if they sound ignorant. Although it would be good to keep this thread strictly about MGS4, discussion about any of the games in the series is appropriate.

Can't think of anything else to add...

res.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nah, konami owns nowt, kojima on the other wand, well, he inspired this

gallery_16094_840_86815.jpg

the left handed one will have a rail tho, so its a bit off an odd one :P

EDIT: a short summary of mgs2 will take days mate, but to answer one question, the la-le-lu-li-lo was due to the nanomachines inside people telling them that they couldnt say the word patriots, in terms of the world rulers as it were, so if people tried to talk about them it made them sound crazy, therefore media sources wouldnt believe them and such

Huh we were talking about the M4 in the trailer...could it be an HK 416? I don't remember seeing the handgrip, would be a telltale sign...

I really want to built one. I think I'll start off with this:

CA M15A4

Some RIS by G&P

OD Rail covers

CA OD Vertical Grip

G&P OD LE Stock

FLip-up front sight

OD Handguard(?)

Maybe an M203 if I really have the time and the fund$

res.

I never really got MGS2, especially the whole La-li-lu-la-lo, the patriots, and Arsenal gear and how it all connects. It'll help if someone does a short summary and explaination for it. Thanks.

Patriots and La-Le-Lu-La-Lo are one in the same. Arsenal Gear was just the huge-*albatross* metal gear that housed the RAYs. The whole patriots deal can be confusing, so heres the wikiexplanation:

Clicky

res.

i never even look at wikpedia unless someone links me to it, but everytime i am i think "what an informative site" :D

oh and donut, like i said before, refrain your self from asking questions that no one can possibly know the answer to :D +1 in it for you if this makes it to page 3 and you havent :P

I take it that since you used "Official" in the title, that you contacted Mr. Hideo Kojima, in writing, and recieved permission to create an officially sanctioned thread for Metal Gear Solid 4, and that you went through all the legal channels, thereby avoiding a possible lawsuit?

yeah I asked my Uncle at Konami and he said as long as it (the thread) was not profit, that it would be fine.

Have we had ANY in-game footage of MGS4 yet?

As in, not pre-rendered.

The original TGS trailer was not pre-rendered. You can find videos of them pausing during the trailers, and changing the camera angle/lighting around.

What happened to Meryl in MGS3? I never got to play the game apart from the Demo at a friends house cause I smashed my PS2. Damn thing wouldn't load up Die Hard or GunGriffon Blaze.

Didn't she get shot by some girl?

Metal Gear Solid 3 took place in '64. "Snake" was actually codename "Naked Snake", who later would become Big Boss. They are two very different characters.

Meryl was shot by Sniper wolf, but survived, and later Snake has the option of saving her if he resists torture by Ocelot. If you fail, she dies, and Snake escapes with Otacon.

In MGS2, I think it's actually assumed that you escape with Meryl, although it seems that Snake no longer shares a relationship with her.

Meryl was shot by Sniper wolf, but survived, and later Snake has the option of saving her if he resists torture by Ocelot.  If you fail, she dies, and Snake escapes with Otacon.

In MGS2, I think it's actually assumed that you escape with Meryl, although it seems that Snake no longer shares a relationship with her.

In MGS2, we can assume that Snake escaped with Meryl, and Otacon got out by himself. Meryl and Snake lived together "at his place" for some time, until she left without a word, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: a short summary of mgs2 will take days mate, but to answer one question, the la-le-lu-li-lo was due to the nanomachines inside people telling them that they couldnt say the word patriots, in terms of the world rulers as it were, so if people tried to talk about them it made them sound crazy, therefore media sources wouldnt believe them and such

Sorry, what the hell is this?

The nanomachines stop you from saying "The Patriots" ?

I've got one word for that - poppycock.

No-one truly knows what "La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo" means - some people reckon they are missing characters from the alphabet (remember when Emma Emmerich says "What if there were 30 letters in the alphabet?" in MGS2?) and others think it's just a suitably mysterious name.

If the nanomachines were stopping it, why can Raiden, Snake, Otacon, President Johnson, President Sears (Solidus), Ocelot - well, in fact, just about everyone - refer to them as "The Patriots?".

hahaha you sir are an idiot. 'La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo' are a bunch of japanese syllables, PERFECT to make anyone sound like a crazy ######.

''If the nanomachines were stopping it, why can Raiden, Snake, Otacon, President Johnson, President Sears (Solidus), Ocelot - well, in fact, just about everyone - refer to them as "The Patriots?" ''

This is because only some people's nanos were progammed with the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo thing (I think o.o)

Archived