Official Metal Gear Solid Discussion

Fuser

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, they are part of arsenal gears GW (or summin) program, and its the AI taking there faces to be able to control raiden, raiden is like the uber noob of the series, pretty much all of his life was a lie, he was never part of foxhound, and all of his training in life was for that one (or 2) days on big shell, but from the trailer for 4, he looks less uber noob, and more uber leet than anything else

theres is actually, ocelot mentions it near when he mentions that ames' nanomachines gave him the heart attack

Well I've just read through the game script and see no reference to anything like that.

EDIT, and the black guy was the marine commendont scott dolph i think

Correct.

Incidentally, it's amazing how many people think that Mr. Sigint from MGS3 is the DARPA chief from MGS.

pretty much all of his life was a lie ... and all of his training in life was for that one (or 2) days on big shell

I hate to pick on stuff you're saying 'cos it makes it look like I'm just trolling you, but this is incorrect too. His experiences and training as a child soldier were very much real and were in no way connected to the events of MGS2 other than making a history for the character.

The VR training was all "fake" though, to prepare him for S3.

hahaha you sir are an idiot. 'La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo' are a bunch of japanese syllables, PERFECT to make anyone sound like a crazy ######.

Uh... no. There is no 'L'-sound in Japanese. That's why Japanese speakers have such difficulty with 'Engrish' and hence the joke in Lost in Translation about the 'L's and 'R's.

The Japanese syllables would be ラ (ra) リ (ri) ル (ru) レ (re) ロ (ro).

(Apologies if this has been covered by others.)

for the grozny grad escape, you have to use the vents in the floor and the cardnoard box alot, and it takes about 20 minutes, so its really annoying, and to get out of the jail cell, you have to throw the guard the food alot of times and he will give you the cigarette gas things, so you can knock a few people out effortlessly

Aw, the gronzny grad excape... I agree it was long, I don't remember if it's different for each difficulty, but once you get out side head up-right? (not sure) you'll end up in a small storage in corner with some supplies and a MG (M60?) then it made things a lot easier ;)

Going to try MGS3 in extreme once I'm done with MGS2...

That's true... forgot about that...

I found out after I beat The End by tranqing him that you could pass it by moving your PS2 clock ahead 2 hours... I found that pretty amusing.

I actually killed quite a few people in one run-through that The Sorrow took me forever to get to the end...

2 weeks? Must have gotten my time units wrong :P

Ahhh! Stupid Vamp! stop jumping around! (Currently playing on xbox and typing on laptop)

I just thought of something weird, in MGS1 and 2, you couldn't pick up the enemies weapons and use it since they were ID'd for FF (or something liket that) but in the MGS4 trailer Snake was able to use the enemy's M4, you'd think in the future they'd have even better system for FF or stolen weapon ;)

Does anyone else here find that MGS2 is infinitely harder than Snake Eater? I mean, I can beat snake eater on Euro Extreme without too much trouble, but I can barely get through the Plant on Hard mode.

I think I just find that MGS2 has too few routes through each area, and there's almost a certain thing you have to do on each strut/bridge in order to get through flawlessly. Snake eater, on the other hand, seems to give you almost infinite options, not to mention bosses that are ten times easier...

Archived