Official Metal Gear Solid Discussion

Fuser

hahaha you sir are an idiot. 'La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo' are a bunch of japanese syllables, PERFECT to make anyone sound like a crazy ######.

''If the nanomachines were stopping it, why can Raiden, Snake, Otacon, President Johnson, President Sears (Solidus), Ocelot - well, in fact, just about everyone - refer to them as "The Patriots?" ''

This is because only some people's nanos were progammed with the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo thing (I think o.o)

Or because it was an (albeit silly) codeword, designed to divert attention? It's not very nice to call people an idiot over what is essentially theory and speculation.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hahaha you sir are an idiot. 'La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo' are a bunch of japanese syllables, PERFECT to make anyone sound like a crazy ######.

I meant in the context of the Patriots. Why they chose that pseudonym.

This is because only some people's nanos were progammed with the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo thing (I think o.o)

Or maybe it's just because they refer to the Patriots as either! Sweet merciful Christ, I know the Metal Gear games aren't exactly grounded in reality, but altering someone's speech patterns via nanomachines? Is there even ANYTHING in any of the games various cutscenes/codec conversations that supports this?

Uh no, I don't think so.

Think about it. Tanker chapter of MGS2. Ocelot informs the Marine Commander that he's taking RAY back for the Patriots.

Dolph then replies with "The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo?" - now, if he'd meant to say "The Patriots?" do you not think he might have been a bit weirded out by the fact that something totally different had come out of his trap?

And if the Patriots wanted to stop people from talking about them, would it not make sense to program EVERYONE'S nanomachines to do this?

Don't go calling people an idiot for no reason.

sorry gazchap, but i am very right in this, the la le lu li lo, are non existent japanese vowels as such, so it just means jiberish, Ames and that blakc guy couldnt say it, becuase they didnt have authorisation to talk about them, as for raiden, snake ect, they found out about the patriots from an external source, but ames and the black guy worked for them, so they must have had some proof of their existence, which is why they cannot say their name

well,. summin like that anyway :P

EDIT: and can we please keep this friendly, no idiots or anything,. theres only alternate opinions and such

Yeah I understand the whole La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo as far as MGS2, but why in te beginning of MGS3 is it used as the answer to Snake's question, "Who are the Patriots?" to EVA? At that point the Patriots didn't even exist, they were the Philosophers, and the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo didn't exist either, so why were they using it as a password ??

Ames and that blakc guy couldnt say it, becuase they didnt have authorisation to talk about them, as for raiden, snake ect, they found out about the patriots from an external source, but ames and the black guy worked for them

Show me some form of proof and I'll back down :P

There's nothing in the cutscenes or conversations that suggests that some people are allowed to say "The Patriots" and others aren't :P

...Ames and that blakc guy couldnt say it...

He has a name you know, and its Sigint!

Mgs3sigint.jpg

Why don't you love me, Phoenix?

Show me some form of proof and I'll back down :P

There's nothing in the cutscenes or conversations that suggests that some people are allowed to say "The Patriots" and others aren't :P

I don't think anything in the cutscenes would give it away, its either more subtle than that or Kojima said it during a press conference or something. I'm pretty sure he's right though, about the nanomachines.

Gah. I can never bring myself to do the run anymore. I can breeze through the game, scream and cry with frustration at the groznyj grad escape, and scream and cry with frustration at how damn boring the volgin - volgin - volgin - eva - boss part is.

Need that elusive Foxhound though.

Edit: You mean the sneaking suit? I never end up dying, I just get spotted in the Groznyj Grad escape. Think I've found a decent strategy that I'll be playing with in the near future though.

for the grozny grad escape, you have to use the vents in the floor and the cardnoard box alot, and it takes about 20 minutes, so its really annoying, and to get out of the jail cell, you have to throw the guard the food alot of times and he will give you the cigarette gas things, so you can knock a few people out effortlessly

Hm, my route for that is a little riskier, but faster if I do it right.

I fork the rat ( :D ) for food, and grab the first bit of food that Johnny chucks. I then wait till he's walked past, open the cell, and run right past him.

From outside the torture room building, I wait till one of the patrolling guards has turned around, and chuck the food at the girder. This buys me enough time to run past the girders and through the crawlspace into the next area.

From here, I can just hug the southmost wall and not be spotted... heading west into G. G west.

This is the hard part. I run to the south of the tanks, giving a "?" to one guard. I run up the west side of the tanks, and knock down and freeze the other guard with the SAA. From here, I hide under the car, wait till the guard in front of me turns around, and run past him, knock out the guard patrolling the eastern wall, run past the dog to freedom.

It's a right PITA to do correctly, especially on limited saves and with nothing but a fork, and empty revolver, and a dead bat :(

Mk 22 and SheeKyuuShee are great in the first half of the battle. In the second half, you can use the Cig gas to cancel out some of his meaner attacks (i.e lightning'd-up charges/kicks etc). As a bonus, he nearly always retaliates with a kick, which you can easily dodge to set yourself up for a CQC push - mk22 - roll combo.

Archived