Spetsnaz

101matt1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well seeing as how you're avatar is so small…

I'll post this website again

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87331

If you're not gonna use anything Russian aside from the gun, then it's NOT a Russian loadout

Give me a break! I can use my CM 028-s.

I never said you couldn't, what I said was, that the gun alone doesn't make the loadout

Oh, sorry, my bad. I thought you meant it's not a russian loadout with that AK.

EDIT: Ok, I have a friend intrested in buying my M324 for 80 or 100 w/ scope. IF he buys, should I get some camo, or get a WELL MP5 or CYMA CM 027-j, which I already have some SEAL/Rainbow/SWAT gear? I REALLY dont know what to do... noob needs help.

Right now, I am leaning towards the WELL or CYMA MP5. I already have MOST of the gear, and just need the gun. I NEED opinions...

BoB SoiL, just because is made in a different country, doesn't a fighting force won't use it.

P226's are used by Navy Seals, but they're made in Germany/Switzerland.

Yeah, I realise now that mentioning that the USPc being a German gun was a bad idea :P

I thought it'd be a good place to start, for certain individuals to get some decent info on guns and such (it's also quite useful in that it gives you info on who uses the guns etc, so, yeah, a bit of reading... ;))

I'm gonna regret asking this, but what gear do you have for a SEAL/SWAT loadout?

I'm gonna regret you asking that as well :P

Anyhow, on a slightly related note, how can the same gear be SEAL/Rainbow/SWAT, AFAIK they all undertake *totally* different missions in the field, and as such, have very different kit lists do they not?

Rather, comparing some of the "SEAL" loadouts shown in them-there gear threads, and comparing them to them-there "SWAT" loadouts, they're very different in their own right, chucking Rainbow in there as well, seems like any old excuse to call Black Gear a "geardo" loadout ;)

:geek:

You will get laughed off any field with an M324, sniper rifles don't cost $100, they cost between $500-1k to make it a top of the line rifle. Also if you're gonna get an Mp-5 just go with TM far more reliable.

Finally I am going to have to agree with BoB Soil, how can the same gear be SEAL/Rainbow/SWAT, AFAIK?

You will get laughed off any field with an M324, sniper rifles don't cost $100, they cost between $500-1k to make it a top of the line rifle.

Reread post, and see where he says he's selling it.

Also if you're gonna get an Mp-5 just go with TM far more reliable.

I've been waiting for someone to chime in with the buy a TM ######. <_< Well done, you get a star.

In relation to your query regarding pistols, I've just been in a simular situation. As you're strapped for cash, you could pick up a KSC/KWA G17. Team Alpha (FSB Spetsnaz) use them, apparrently.

Exactly what aspect of the Russian military are you trying to emulate? If you're really desperate to be 'Spetnaz', are you after a woodland or urban bdu?

Reread post, and see where he says he's selling it.

I've been waiting for someone to chime in with the buy a TM ######.  <_ well done you get a star.>

Drop the abusive attitude, please Dannyboy. Read Matt's post carefully and you'll see he stated he had a friend interested in buying it. I'd advise you to apologise to the individuals you responded to for flying off the handle without reason, as I'm sure you're aware what going too far down that way will result in.

In relation to your query regarding pistols, I've just been in a simular situation. As you're strapped for cash, you could pick up a KSC/KWA G17. Team Alpha (FSB Spetsnaz) use them, apparrently.

Exactly what aspect of the Russian military are you trying to emulate? If you're really desperate to be 'Spetnaz', are you after a woodland or urban bdu?

Thank you for not flamming me. I would like a urban loadout. My friend is problably going to by my M324. I will have 80 USD in cash. MAKE ME A LOADOUT!

First off, demanding things isnt going to get you far. Secondly, we have said it over and over, if you are just getting started and/or are strapped for cash dont go for 100% accurate loadouts. A good loadout thats realistic will cost way more than $80.

If you want to do a semi-decent SWAT loadout it would look something like:

Black/Blue BDUs

Replica PAGST

Goggles

Gloves

Knee/Arm pads

Omega or omega knockoff vest.

Was that so hard? Personally If I were you I would keep the gun you have now, save up some money and buy either a used MOLLE rig off the fourms or a in-expensive MOLLE Chest Rig such as the TT-Mav or, my personal favorite, the PPM patroller.

If I were you I'd go for the above loadout but swap out the black/blue BDU's for OD or U.S. woodland ones. That way you still get a good SWAT style loadout but it can also fuction in the woods if need be. Plus many police dept.'s use woodland and OD BDU's. An OD flightsuit would also work well.

But I also agree with the above post, all of this really isn't that hard. Decide on something within your budget, whether it's based on a real opperator or not and then go for it. No need for all this wild jumping from idea to idea.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

If I were you I'd go for the above loadout but swap out the black/blue BDU's for OD or U.S. woodland ones. That way you still get a good SWAT style loadout but it can also fuction in the woods if need be. Plus many police dept.'s use woodland and OD BDU's. An OD flightsuit would also work well.

But I also agree with the above post, all of this really isn't that hard. Decide on something within your budget, whether it's based on a real opperator or not and then go for it. No need for all this wild jumping from idea to idea.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Ok, this is what I think Ill do:

1) get the CM 027-j or WELL R-5

2) get a vest and top part camo BDU to go with my lower half BDU (camo, kind of half desert half regular green)

I really dont need anything else. I will most likely (since I am on a TIGHT budget) get the UTG black vest. I like the look of a camo BDU with a black vest. I will go for a seal urban/CQ woodland look. This is really deep down what I wanted all along. Now, I am (and I can do this, I am the OP) turning this into: which gun? WELL MP5 or CYMA MP5? I am leaning towards the CYMA considering I already have a CYMA gun and like it. And that it is only what? 70 USD on geartron. Leaving 15 (Oh, yeah, I sold my M324 and got 85 for the gun and my super ubar scope! :D ) for a good UTG tac holster. Thank you for all your help and ideas. Now, which gun?

tbh, the only Russian item I can see in your list is the Ak-47.. and they stopped using that in the 60s....  :blink:

The AK-74, the replacement for the AK-47/AKM wasn't issued until the late 70's (1978, I believe) and even then, it wasn't widely issued until the eighties.

EDIT: Oh, and modern day Spets still use the AKM because they prefer it to the AK-74.

The AK-74, the replacement for the AK-47/AKM wasn't issued until the late 70's (1978, I believe) and even then, it wasn't widely issued until the eighties.

EDIT: Oh, and modern day Spets still use the AKM because they prefer it to the AK-74.

See, one of the many reasons to buy a MP5 and some SEAL gear! :D

OT: Whats the difference between green and blackside?

Look matt, I dont want to sound like a jerk but Im tired of seeing the same pattern in this thread.

A set of BDUs and a cheap repro omega vest does not make for a realistic impression

Im not trying to be a gear snob here but it seems you are confused. Maybe if I lay it out for you you will better understand.

An impression/accurate loadout is a loadout which seeks to fully represent a particular military/police unit. It means getting the clothing, gear, weapons and general look down to a T so that the impression is nearly indistinguishable from the real deal. These type of loadouts general cost in excess of $500 depending on what you are replicating. They typically include real deal gear and items which provide no partical airsoft purpose (such as flares or knives) merely to get the look down

A loadout is simply and combination of gear which works for you and carrys what it needs to. It is most often made up regional specific camo and either a knock off omega vest (low end) or a MOLLE set-up (high end) It does not seek to replicate a military unit and/or barely look like one.

In your case I think you are going for just the basic loadout. A good set of BDUs and a UTG vest that carries what you need is fine. Believe me, even having camo puts you ahead in the game sometimes. But remember, just because you have woodland BDUs and a black vest will not even come close to looking like a SEAL because its just not what they use. If you want to do the SEAL impression right you are going to have to look at some pics, find out what they are wearing and buy it and its going to be a number of big ticket items such as MOLLE rigs and Combat Helmets. Please stop asking if X and Y item will make you look like Z unit. As I said, a basic vest can work fine but people wont go up and say "Nice SEAL impression" because you are using a MP5. This will start you off until you save up the money to begin a true impression. I started off wanting to do a Iraq USMC impression but I abandonded it due to lack of funding and the fact that most of the stuff I needed wasnt going to help me play the game any better. Right now all I use is a $150 ish MOLLE set up and Marpats yet it works great and I dont get any weird looks or anything.

Trust me, if you save up and buy all the right gear for your impression while you play with your basic loadout you will be much happier. You can spend time learning the game and when you finally get that last piece of kit and go "Im done" you will be so proud that you managed to replicate "The look"

I'd like to recomend you to a site run by a local player and featuring impressions done by a number of friends of mine.

http://www.wargearweb.org/impressions/impressions_page.htm

Its heavily russian influenced if you want to go down that road. For you I would recomend checking out "Ronin's US Navy Seal Impression" to see what an accurate SEAL impression consists of and "Bigpop's Airsofter Impression" to see a loadout not inspired by any military unit but something that still looks cool and performs well aswell.

Blackside, a reference to the color of asphault, is also known as 'Direct Action'. Whenever you see SEALs who look more like SWAT than your typical military unit. They give up mobility for protection, concealment for firepower. Examples of blackside operations include storming oil rigs and rescuing hostages. Typical gear would include a CB CIRAS, gloves, boots, helmets, OD or tan nomex flight suits, and (generally) shorter guns (SCAR-CQCs, MP5s, &c.)

Greenside, a reference to the color of leaves an' sh__, is built around the chief mission of the SEALs: reconnaisance. This is the more common image of SEALs operators. They are likely to carry less ammo in preference for food and other long-term supplies and, in general, they try to keep weight to a minimum. Plate carriers and MICHs are exchanged for back packs and booney hats, nomex flight suits for camouflage uniforms.

Blackside is inappropriate for woodland environments and greenside is (generally) inappropriate for MOUT and CQB environments. Both terms can be applied to nearly any and every special operations unit out there. Greenside load-outs are particularly popular because it isn't expensive to put one together and it will be low-drag and high-speed.

Ok, so what should I do? Buy some cheap-o 'spin off' gear for a seal 'feel'?(couldnt find any other word that wont upset the geardos <_< ) See, I want US stuff basicly and a MP5. Hell, Ill even call it a US special forces loadout.

This is the new list:

-(1) CYMA MP5-j

-(1) UTG black TAC vest

-(1) top BDU of some sort

-(?) Mid caps for MP5

-(1) nice boonie hat

I have boots, bottom BDU, and gloves. I think, for my budget, this will, as closely as I can, replecate a SEAL loadout. I am DEFINATELY not saying it is authintic, but it is really all I can afford.

Thanks for all the help!

I can accept it being called Special Forces...

Maybe take a read of the info Jagdraben posted (regarding Greenside/Blackside), and base a loadout on a generic US Special Forces choosing either Greenside or Blackside.

For example, some woodland BDUs with a very that carries few mags and has a couple of large utility pouches could be passed off as a greenside rig. Add in a boonie, and a decent rifle, and it's a good start :)

For blackside, perhaps a larger vest that holds a lot of magazines, with most of the Vest being taken up with mags (rifle and/or pistol).

If you're prepared to save a little, I can strongly recommend any of the Guarder gear, made by Airsofters for Airsofters, and it'll certainly last an Airsofter long enough to justify the money spent.

I can't help but feel that buying cheap gear it won't last as long, hence the old adage "Buy Cheap, Buy Twice" is often very true ;)

:geek:

Archived