Force Recon kit discussion.

Tunershark

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In answer to thinger's comment: Mk18Mod0's, as far as I know, were never issued to Force Recon, but you can bet that if they were, they would not have been issued with Magpul Stocks and a Vltor CASV handguard/RIS.

*edit* I feel so sorry for the poor enlisted sailors who had to clean up all that FOD on the deck!

They aren't SEALS. And it might not be issue but there are only two guys with them. One would assume they are trialing them.

The USMC used the MP5 for awhile, they aren't SWAT.

Yeah the USMC use's the MP5, but those pics were SRT, USMC SRT. One of the DOD at my base was a Gunny and was SRT, I have seen those same pics in his jumble of pics from when he was in. Im not saying they were all SRT but the stack team image with the Shield is SRT for sure and If I recall correctly the Stack with Nomex hoods on is also SRT.

There is a chance thet there were SEAL's onboard and they were playing with there weapons. Or like hunk said they might be putting them through trials. Or they just have some...They are department of the Navy afterall.

the window to the shield is quite limited and the shield is bulky, that is the only way to get your arm around the shield and have a good sight picture.

Exactly what he said, it is how we are trained to do things when useing a shield. You will see the sideways thing alot even without a shield. It is used alot now in CQB, I learned it while doing CQB/Room clearing training. It's weird at first.

IIRC the casv-el was used by the navy EOD guies.

qq8v91.jpg

heres one of them in the Philippines:

56812808.jpg

anyone know why they get all the gucci gear (CIRAS, CASV-EL, Magpul Stocks, etc.)?

They fall under NSW is why. They are in the Navy's new Expiditionary Combat Command. And they have a bad *albatross* budget..kind of jealous really.

Archived