Force Recon kit discussion.

Tunershark

Me and Kipper were just saying the same thing...

Well apart from I have none of the gear needed to do it... :(

True, I have quite a bit of the gear needed to do it, I've got the same ciras, got the mich, got the 6004, M4, just need that green/brown jumper, some goggles, and I'm ready to rock. I think, right?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, I have quite a bit of the gear needed to do it, I've got the same ciras, got the mich, got the 6004, M4, just need that green/brown jumper, some goggles, and I'm ready to rock. I think, right?

Ya I think so. Just remember that if you were really one of them, you would be like Chuck Norris. I.e., you could just stare at someone and they would explode. ;)

You also need an MEU handgun. I think you would need a magazine dump pouch on your right side. The kamelback appears to have molle attachment points on the back of it. Can anyone verify this?

Army ranger side with a FSBE sstyle leg panel and an AAV ?  :blink:  :waggle:

army_nvg_b.jpg

The pic's not too good, but it looked like an AAV to me. I guess it was probably an IBA instead. Still though, no one else thinks it looks army? I'm not saying it's a bad loadout. Far from it, but it just looks like an army loadout to me.

I'll just shut up now. ;)

Nice loadout Maveric. Once you get that flightsuit (or some MARPAT) on, you'll look unquestionably FR.

I currently don't have a FR loadout, but my weapon is pretty close to FR setups (minus the EO tech.) By coincidience, I too have my M4 camo'd in some random areas, like how the some of the operators have it (earlier pictures in the early pages of this thread). With SF guys...anything goes with their guns.

standardanglesidern7.jpg

sopmodanglesidefk0.jpg

sopmodsuppressedanglesiderv2.jpg

Any good .45 really, not just a MEU version. Use judgement on the .45 though, dont get a prokiller

Exactly, not all of those guns in the pics are MEUs. My 1911A1 with Strider G10 grips would fit in there just fine. In fact I saw some stock 1911s in those pics.

Any one know where one could purchase a flight suit JUST like the ones that force recon is using? I looked around a bit, but there seem to be a bunch of different variants and figured some one would know for sure to get one just like force recon troops use.

Thanks much.

Check your local surplus store, its where i picked my tan one up. Just try them on until you find one that fits. Mine was about $40, and brand new ones off the net are $150 or more for genuine Nomex. Considering the condition mine is in, and the fact its nomex, it was a steal, so just check surplus.

-Jake

Any good .45 really, not just a MEU version. Use judgement on the .45 though, dont get a prokiller

But don't we wanna give WA even more money for a product that's exactly the same as all of their others with a different logo on it? :D

On a seperate note, is it possible to find some operators using the gentex lwh? I know that they all prefer the mich, but I don't wanna have to buy another one just for this loadout... ;)

Check your local surplus store, its where i picked my tan one up.  Just try them on until you find one that fits.  Mine was about $40, and brand new ones off the net are $150 or more for genuine Nomex.  Considering the condition mine is in, and the fact its nomex, it was a steal, so just check surplus.

-Jake

I got mine for free.

Never worn.

Never used.

Kinda tight though.

:ph34r:®

Got a link to those?

EDIT: also does FR exclusively use the tan/OD flight suits, or do they use standard marpat as well?

It wouldn't be hard at all to reconfig my setup for FR, just not sure what they use for the base BDU or suit.

Mostly MARPAT. Base it off the MARPAT.

Yeah, use MARPAT for general use, becuae it IS sexy. But go with a flight suit for DA/Blackside/CQB etc. I've even seen a few pics of some FR patrolin around in flight suits. Kinda crazy really, cuz those things are hot.

I got mine for free.

Never worn.

Never used.

Kinda tight though.

:ph34r:®

Mine is kinda baggy, and really comfy. The only problem is that it is HOT. Keeps me nice and cozy in shop class in the winter, but at a game a week ago, I baked. Nomex is hot stuff. Have you adjusted it at all?

-Jake

Archived