dream dulie project

phoenix360mute

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok heres the deal

snake has been trained in the art of CQC (close quarters combat) by his mentor (enter massive amounts of story ###### here)

and the end result is, that he uses a knife, and a gun at the same time, due to the fact that a knife can be better in close situations (i.e gun getting pushed out of battery possition, thus unable to fire ect)

and if you ever try holding a gun with both hands, and also a knife, its rather difficult, and you find that the knife hinders your grip and control of the gun, so, in a cutscene in the game, snake finds this out, so he turns the gun around, and precedds to cut into the wood a nice flat rectangle, this is so you have something to balance the knife with, instead of the normal curved grips

as in , dulie project, 2 guns, more fun, ect ect

little update, after 3 hours of fileing the trigger, it fits, worth the wait, trust me, then after about 5 minutes the gun was assembled, and looks sweet.....

..... 1 problme, cant pull the trigger lol, looks like i have to file the grip safety a little, but as of right now, i need a cold drink and a hot woman, so the filing can wait :P

hey, you, dont diss the thread

EDIT: and just to please Five-sEvEn, i have actually taken photos on the work i did, so :P lol, ok, heres the trigger work and grip pics

notice how the origion trigger (left) is a lot smaller than the new one, drat, time to get the file out

gallery_16094_951_151771.jpg

gallery_16094_951_146015.jpg

after an hour or so of fileing, it still didnt fit, bugger

so, after a whole lot more fileing, it fitted, and it looks sweet with the new grips too

gallery_16094_951_104584.jpg

however, a pic of them insalled on the gun isnt available today, as it has been dissasebled, again, to fix the stupid gripsafety lol

and just recieved this vid from n00b

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/pete...nt=MVI_0038.flv

ok heres the deal

snake has been trained in the art of CQC (close quarters combat) by his mentor (enter massive amounts of story ###### here)

and the end result is, that he uses a knife, and a gun at the same time, due to the fact that a knife can be better in close situations (i.e gun getting pushed out of battery possition, thus unable to fire ect)

and if you ever try holding a gun with both hands, and also a knife, its rather difficult, and you find that the knife hinders your grip and control of the gun, so, in a cutscene in the game, snake finds this out, so he turns the gun around, and precedds to cut into the wood a nice flat rectangle, this is so you have something to balance the knife with, instead of the normal curved grips

Snake should have gone with a Hideaway Knife....

IMG_0041.jpg

oh god n00b3r... drool.... i've wanted one of those since i read about it in Handguns magazine... or Combat Tactics... or something like that... HAK's are sweet. especially the velociraptor ones with the wicked hollow grind.

BTW, did you get my pm n00b3r? just curious. had some questions for you.

hey, you, dont diss the thread

EDIT: and just to please Five-sEvEn, i have actually taken photos on the work i did, so :P lol, ok, heres the trigger work and grip pics

notice how the origion trigger (left) is a lot smaller than the new one, drat, time to get the file out

yay! *is pleased*

Post pics of it installed on the gun when you can!

ok, big ol update :D (VERY pic heavy)

ok, heres a little guide on how to get the ultimate trigger pull, and disable the grips safety :D

the origional length of the matal "thing" on the grip safety was too long for the new trigger bar i got, and knowing modding triggerbars=crappy gun, i decided to mod the grip safety

gallery_16094_951_212258.jpg

here you can see exactly where i filed, and by how much

gallery_16094_951_15155.jpg

and after more fileing, heres the working trigger in the metal frame

gallery_16094_951_187592.jpg

other side, with mag release, and mag in

gallery_16094_951_81842.jpg

i also decided, that while im at it, i may as well put a spare 140% hammer spring in, just for the bigger manliness factor :P

gallery_16094_951_112329.jpg

a pic of the half assembled gun

gallery_16094_951_179317.jpg

and now a pic of the more than half assembled gun :P

gallery_16094_951_191775.jpg

EDIT: LOL just noticed that big amount of moneys in the pic :P

Archived