Sniper Project

xRAZERx

As part of my next project I’m looking to create a mini automated AEG as a rear-guard for sniping activities. The idea is to link an MP5K to a beam break detector or a pressure mat, when the beam is broken, or the mat is stepped on the K opens fire.

A mate set up a device that when the beam is broken a PMR446 transmits a call tone but I want to dazzle (and indeed shoot) him by rigging it as above.

The only thing I don’t know how to make is the thing that pulls the trigger. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My second idea is to mount a camera on the K that transmits to a PDA via bluetooth (or cable if that’s too hard?) so that when the enemy approach the K can be remote activated. The camera could also be removed and mounted to the back of my vest to give a rear view when the PDA is mounted on the left wrist. The same problem again, how to pull the trigger.

The only thing I can think of is some kind of motor that winds in and constricts a band around the trigger and handle that fires the weapon.

I’ve also seen a robotic arm project in Maplin but not sure if that might not be a bit bulky…

Any thoughts on the above?

Or use a car spotlight relay to the output from the PIR.

Must admit, your ideas regarding camera stuff seem a bit OTT.

If you are gonna try it, though, why bother with a PDA?

Why not just buy a cheap security camera and hook it up to a video repeater box then buy an LCD TV and tune it to pick up the video repeater?

Sounds like the US way of doing things.. :o

UK way: MOSCART and a tripwire.. or a Claymore and a tripwire (someone got Tonka [a marshal!] a treat last time at CSW)

One of the guys in our team-to-be came up with the idea of a couple of party-poppers loaded with .12 BBs (gotta be more reliable than the average Enola Gay..)

Still yet to try that one, but was very tempted by the bumper bag of poppers at Asda yesterday..

Edit: interesting thought about the PMR, though. Given that I've got about 2.5 left from that cheapo set from Argos..

Archived