PLCE modular vest?

Architect

Just had an idea. I havent got enough money to buy pouches for like £25 to stick on a modular vest. The costs would skyrocket. So what about buying a modular vest and modding PLCE pouches onto it?

mod2awls.jpg

Get one of those vests, and then get 2 of the following pouches

dpwap3nx500a.jpg

Stick 2 of those pouches (so four magazine pouches in total) on the bottom half of the vest one way or another and then you have the upper part to add normal molle pouches.

I'm sure this would work and would be cheaper. But how would it look?

Comments please

There is already a sort of PLCE version of this, though it only really lets you take off the pouches you aren't planning on using. However, I'll be buggered if I can find a link to it.

PLCE pouches aren't exactly cheap either though, especially new.

There's one great honking problem with PLCE and MOLLE; they use completely different fixing methods; I personally can't see PLCE the mounting system for PLCE being compatible with MOLLE, but if you can make it work, I'm all ears! :)

I was recently recommended to check out Combat Kit; their MAS pouches are MOLLE compatible; here's the link: http://www.combatkit.net/products/mas/mas_page1.html

Prices are in Euros, and are cheap; UK Agent is IronClad, at http://www.ironclad-surplus.co.uk/contenti...entID~3414.aspx

BTW - CombatKit gear can come in DPM :D

HTH :)

Architect -

Drop 'em a line and ask; they're sure to stock a large number of them, if only to fit out the various configurations they list. As to cheap MOLLE vests, dunno; got my TT MOLLE vest second hand for £50, and very nice it is too :)

Archived