Classic Army SLR Steel Version

To start off,

I plan to write this out as a rating system just to where people can read the whole thing or quickly glance it. There were some rumors that the wood would be crud etc. I am here to say that its not. It is stained well and loks quite nice along with the steel that has a nice look to it.

So appearance 10/10 how can ya go wrong with a full metal and wood ak?

The only complaint i have is the "wood" color mag which is more of orange plastic and i dont like it. So i bought a black one as well which looks very nice.

Performance- One of the best ive seen stock to date, very high ROF and acurracy that you would not expect from an m4 sized weapon.

So ROF 9/10

Accuracy 9/10

The only reason i didnt give it a 10 on these 2 are i still think it could be better but ill test some diffeent batt's and see if i get different results.

Internals - I have no plans to open it up for a while as im happy with how it is :D

FPS- One of the fastest stock CA's ive seen by eye id have to say above 310 with .2

Realism- Take the orange tip off and see how many people scream bloody murder at you :D

And now pictures

Right side

caak.jpg

Right

caak1.jpg

Left side

caak2.jpg

Right again

caak3.jpg

Conclusion: If you have the money for its $450 price tag buy it, you wont be dissapointed.

Edited by Sniperman15

Some may like it some may not , all that matters is I DO like it since im the one that bought it :) The comment of it looking square, thats how slr's are to an extent, look at the black one. As for the weight id say 7-8 pounds. And yes the pistol grip is plasticy which is why im getting a black one.

Edited by Sniperman15
  • 3 weeks later...

Where does it say the mag had to look like wood? Did anyone say that, or was someone correcting what wasn't incorrect?

I could be wrong, but I don't think Arsenal ever produced a wood-stocked SLR-105. Even if they had, I seriously doubt they would have made the wood look like this. I check this gun out when it came into AEX. The furniture was a travesty. It was clear that no effort was made to make even the finish look good.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine in the mail, and I have to say it looks much better than in any pictures I've seen :)

The wood isn't really that bad, my original plans were to get a guarder wood kit or something, but I think I might as well keep this.

If I'm not mistaken, the wood is Birch.

Cons:

The pistol grip is wobbly, even though the screw at its bottom is tight.

Racking the bolt is horrible, feels like it sticks to something inside the gun, not smooth at all.

Edit:

After taking off the bolt-cover (or whatever it's called) and lubing the bolt and the metal tube above the gearbox (where the battery would be if it had a folding stock) the bolt is now nice and smooth :)

Also, I noticed the selector switch didn't click into place like it should, so I tok it off and bent it a little, so now that's all good too :D

Not fired it yet (still charging battery) and I haven't opened it.

But it looks and feels good, well, most of it :rolleyes:

Edited by Panzergraf
they became plastic rather than bakelite

[PICKY]

Bakelite is plastic - it's a thermo-setting plastic; technical classification: Phenol Formaldeyde. Bakelite was a company name of three phenol manufacturers that combined and the name stuck; similar to Hoover instead of Vacuum.

[/PICKY]

Nice looking gun mate,

CC

Got to handle one of these last weekend, and it's definitely not Guarder or VFC quality, not even close. The wood and the steel receiver aren't too bad, apart from the markings, but the pistol grip, magazine and the magazine catch are rather horrible, so say the least.

Probably still worth the price if you don't mind the markings and terrible pistol grip.