ICS M4 RIS

BigRedJ

Just thought i'd put a little not on how chuffed i am with my M4 over the weekend.

I went to Distant thunder on friday night, and did saturday, but the weather was stunning! everywhere was flooded, constant rain, deep water dense trees, really sh!tty conditions.

But my m4 performed perfectly, flawless, this was its first real test, its only done one other skirmish, and this was extreme, it got VERY wet over a 6 hour period, but it worked fine.

Not the want for your tent, which collapsed and all our gear was under 1ft of water, so after that,m with nothing dry to sleep in we came home, a real shame.

So today i've been drying my kit, i've opened up my m4, taken all the various bits of misc trees and mud out of the ris, and cleaned it all up, but everything is fine.

As you can probably tell I'm rather chuffed with it, couldn't recommend them more!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll shout out for the ICS M4, I picked up a CQB model, last week at the Ground Zero Weekender and have nothing but praise for it so far.

Gone for me are the days of upgrading Marui's to have another part die in mid skirmish. With the "hot swap" box, fully upgraded internals, and that pressure release button to take strain off the gearbox and spring, when not in use, should seriously increase the life of the gun.

Many people I've spoken to seem to agree its a common path to travel in Airsoft, Get started, buy cheapo starter gun, change that for something half decent, but lacking in power and range, spend a fortune upgrading. be let down badly in mid firefight, sell it and buy a decent gun.

The new ICS M4 is that decent gun for me :)

( new Tanaka M700p arrives this weekend to complement it :P )

Jimbo

i chrono'd mine today also, its firing at between 324 and 333, and thats totally stock, no adjustments yet, so i'm rather pleased!

I have to agree with Jimbo, i to did the TM what do i upfrade route, then i got hold of a 2nd had ICS mp5, love that, but never got on with mp5 magazines. I'm not a great m4 fan, but its size and usability make it a great allround gun

Well i may aswell chip in my 2p for how impressed i am with my ICS.

The split gearbox is just fantastic. It's reason alone to choose it. I've been able to have it apart, have out the inner barrel, hopup etc, all within seconds.

Plus being a new 2006 1J version, it fires incredibly well out of the box.

Oh, and i can go from 1J to M120 like *that*. :D

Hmmmm. Just to be different.

Mine went through 7 switch assemblys, 2 fuses, 3 ICS motors, 2 Systema motors, 2 ICS gearsets, 3 ICS hop-up units, 2 Prom. pistons, and 4 anti-reversal latches.

ICS = fail.

:rolleyes: Yeah totally, .. cause CA never have problems at all.

No way.

nu-uh.

/jumps on bandwagon

I have to agree, ICS M4s simply rock.

Had mine for over a year and a half now, and it's great. Yes ok, it's broken a few times (currently waiting for a new lower gearbox and motor to get in going again) but that's not the fault of ICS's production quality. Everytime my M4 as failed it's been down to the simple wear and tear of using a 9.6v battery and knocking out nearly 6000 rounds at every skirmish day I go to, and simply silly amounts of ammo at weekenders. And given that I get through that many rounds while primarily using SEMI, I don't think it's done bad at all.

And as for strength and external build quality, well, I have never treated any airsoft gun any different to how I treat the real thing what on excercise. It gets bashed around, thrown to the floor, covered in mud, drenched in water and has my 14 stone body land on it all the time. And all I've ever had to do is tighten up the fire selector a few times and tap the barrel pins back into place.

And having 2 or more upper gearboxes to enable rapid FPS chages is simply fantastic.

I just cannot give ICS M4s enough praise as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah i was, ... it just seems to be the case around here nowadays.

Eddie:

What Version is your C15?

As i got the Colt trademarks an not the Olympic arms one.

Never really paid much attention to the trades tbh. But I think it's got Olympic Arms trades. I bought it from HK at about the same time Zero One started stocking them so it's quite old. I thought the Colt trades were quite new, or am I wrong about that?

EDIT....

Not sure if you can tell from this pic, but here you go anyway....

166383259888f7f1a0b5b1a5409186fd58102b40d4dcdd53ded6f930.jpg

Yeah i was, ... it just seems to be the case around here nowadays.

Eddie:

What Version is your C15?

As i got the Colt trademarks an not the Olympic arms one.

Nightraven, i don't believe the age of the gun dictates which trades it has. I have a 2006 pre-upgraded version with Colt Trades. And on all the recent ICS boxes there is a sticker with tickboxes for distributers (What stock, what foregrip, what trades, and whether is it pre-upgraded or not) and for the trades there is the choice between Olympic Arms and Colt.

Whether they just have a surplus of Colt trade bodies they are shipping out on some guns, and now all future ones will be Olympic arms i don't know.

So far i have nothing bad to say about my ICS m4. It's a few monts old and has performed very well and i've had only 1 problem. The spring guide broke a few days after i got it but i knew that would happen because it's only plastic. The split gearbox makes it very easy to get to the internal parts and switch springs. My freinds new CA cqbr cracked the gearbox about a month after he got it and my other freinds TM m4 with hurricane body had multiple problems(he did buy it used)

Archived