ICS M4 RIS

BigRedJ

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AAAAHHG!!! mines coming in the mail SOON. i ordered from evike.com on saturday. (great site, BTW, US-based=no trades probs, they give a great free batt with the gun, plus all the extras. good BB prices.) It should come soon. ICS olympic arms M4A1 full stock. I'm pumped (or chuffed or whatever you brits say). can you tell? ;)

I played 4 hours today, perfect day, 60 degrees, clear skies, no wind... excellent colorado weather. I didnt even take a hit, even though i was using my UTG MP5. (yes, i had plenty of kills, thanks.) Everything having to do with airsoft is going weirdly amazingly perfect these days. I even managed to find all my lowcaps that i dropped. And a few weeks ago, my friend unloaded a broken HFC C-96 gas carbine ($150) on me for $0. i fixed it. woah.

yeah you can get every type, mine the RIS, just get a stronger spring to hold the ris, the stock one isnt too strong ;)

Do you know if there is anywhere in the UK i can get hold of a Delta spring off the real steal gun? There are a few places over in the USA but i'de rather not put an international order in for something so small. And it's much cheaper than a RIS fix.

I had a ICS M4 RIS and got nothing but ###### from it! It was fine to begin with but it started to go down hill after that.

I traded mine in for my ickle P90 :)

As for M4 variants im sticking with G&G which have pulled their finger out and now make some very nice and reliable guns! I got the Gr300L for anyone that cares.

BTW i don't hate ICS just all the M4 variants i have seen have all suffered the same problems. The AK is an all together different kettle of fish though :)

The only bad thing I could say about my ICS M4 is that it doesn't fit certain aftermarket stocks - but that was my own silly fault for not researching, and it fitted my girlfreinds TM just fine, so all was cool.

Coudlnt you have just bought a new stock adapter thingy?

It esems like ICS suddenly became the new popular gun after the 2006 version came out..

Now i wish my ics was a 2006.. *sobs*

Coudlnt you have just bought a new stock adapter thingy?

It esems like ICS suddenly became the new popular gun after the 2006 version came out..

Now i wish my ics was a 2006.. *sobs*

Nope, because it was the carrot sniper stock. The curve where the stock meets the reciever was off - not by a lot, but enough to be unsightly.

The only issue I've had with my ICS was the fire selector contacts arnt always contacting. This isnt an ICS specific problem as its universal to Version 2 gearboxes and other M16/M4 variants. The solution is a small peice of metal to act as a spacer. Fixed, no problems.

Great Compression, shooting 350 with .23's and an M110. Pretty damn sweet! Grey body and "plasticky" foregrip are negligable, having compared both the CA and the ICS old version I decided firmly on the 2006 ICS version. Will NEVER change that.

I agree, I've had an ICS MP5 A4 trademark, Special Weapons for 2 years now and no major problems or complaints. I did chang out minor parts and upgraded the gun after 8 months of skirmishing, the piston broke.

I've purchased an ICS Oly Arms M4 CQB Shorty over 3 months ago and its great, absolutely no problems. Very happy with this AEG.

One of my team member purchased and ICS AK74, it included a free hi-cap mag which was an awsome bonus. No problems with the AK, trades isn't all that great, only company called armory USA.

Anyhow, the point is ICS makes perfectly good AEGs. I believe they have worked out all the problems of the older generations.

BTW, stay away from Airsoft Elite's ICS pre-upgraded ICS AEG's!!! The upgrades they do does not hold up very well, AE's ICS AEG's are the cause of the major ICS complaints and bad reputation.

Finally someone stands up for ICS M4!

BigRedJ: How does the gun feel with the PEQ-2 battery box mounted on the front? Is it overly front heavy? I ask this because I pre-ordered the ICS M4 para which has the same battery set up. Also stable is the stock on your gun?

because its short, its not bad at all, but i mounted the PEQ on the side, oppiste the sling, so it works out quite well, but one future purchase i have in mind will get rid of the PEQ, but moe on that later ;)

Do you know if there is anywhere in the UK i can get hold of a Delta spring off the real steal gun? There are a few places over in the USA but i'de rather not put an international order in for something so small. And it's much cheaper than a RIS fix.

I got a spring from good old Zero one

Sweet. So, i might be getting these new ICS's. First question is, is there anything i should know about them, like, to keep them from breaking wise, and will normal any brand mags work with it?

I've used Star real-caps, TM lo- and hi-caps, and those dinky Vietnam-issue mags (TM as well?) with my ICS M4, along with the ICS hi-caps of course. Only problems I've had was with the Star real-caps sometimes not firing the last few bbs in the mag, but I've spoken to other people who have the same problem with that mag in different makes of M4.

Not had anything break on mine yet. I've had to tighten a few screws here and there to stop the stock and barrel wobbling a bit, but that was easily done, and I don't consider it a problem in light of some of the serious abuse my M4 has had over the months...

was it the 'HurricanE Weld Spring & Snap Ring for Marui M16/M4 Series' and does it completely solve the RIS wobbling problem?

cheers

well i've fitted it and its all very tight now, not managed to get the RIS back on, too tired, but it looks liek it will be very strong, perhaps a bit too strong, i might need to cut the proing down a bit, i'll have a propper look on saturday

Love my Second hand ICS M4. Threw a TM Ris on it. So all together I've spent a total of $245 on a beautifully performing gun. Just need to take out the M-0 Spring that the previous owner downgraded to. I chronoed it at like 260. <_< Once I put an m120 in it should be a champ of a gun. So if i thro in the new M120 spring (free) and get a new piston/head ($25) I'll still have paid less than an m15A4 would have cost and get have better performance. I love the split gearbox too. I've never opened the gearbox on a gun before and I'd have to say the split gearbox was much easier to learn on then a single piece Version 2. Its definitely a great gun for the price and the performance.

/0.02USD

was it the 'HurricanE Weld Spring & Snap Ring for Marui M16/M4 Series' and does it completely solve the RIS wobbling problem?

cheers

right with a bit of fiddling, yup its perfect, the ris is now rock hard, it took a few adjustments of the front lenght, but its fine now, but i had to snap off one loop of the spring, to let the delta ring move back enough to let the RIS on

Archived