Yeah, sorting out the gallery at the moment. The skins need reworking so that they look right with the current site design, plus I need to tweak all the settings for it.

The new image gallery should be live for everyone after I get a few more hours of work done on it.

I like the galleries, but I wish they could be more like the old ones. Private galleries, then public ones. Private being for members, public being "AEGs only" or "Bolt action only" albums.

Another thing, when I'm looking at pictures, it doesn't let me go back to members galleries. I have to go to the album page, then click members or whatever. Here I took a screenshot.

Screen here

See what I mean? It would be nicer if before where it said minimi project it would give a link back to all of the members albums. Right after the Gallery link.

EDIT:Screwed up the link :rolleyes:

Edited by Tripod

Yeah, the link issue is a known one, and going to be fixed - not my fault as I didn't write that. ;)

Member's can make their albums private if they choose, and the entire gallery can only be accessed by people that are logged into the forums anyway, this just saves on endless bandwidth use.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to nEcRo but would it be possible to, instead of uploading images, enter the location of exterior images?

I could put it in the caption section and upload a small blank image.. theres no point me wasting Arnies space and I'd like to sticka ll the desktops I've made for people in one place, and all the camo guns.

Anything like that in the works big guy?

Cheers.

Not really, external content can't be guaranteed to be safe (or even images) so it's not something that can be done really. The Gallery software is due for a huge update when the new version of the forum software is out (and that'll take me a few hours to depoly properly so that the current modifications work nicely with it) that should help improve things, but at the moment it is as it is. ;)