Photo gallery online

I've not had much of a chance to test the new photo gallery system out, but so far all registered members should be able to create their own albums and upload their own images into those albums ;)

Visually it needs tweaking as things need to be organised some more, but it's getting there.

Any problems.. post them here. Bear in mind it's work in progress at the moment, not everything will be perfectly functional, plus I haven't had time to write a FAQ on how to use the system or written down what the restricitons are on usages etc (users have a limited amount of bandwidth and space allocated on a group basis etc)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*notices CC option on new posts*

*notices he's now a Power User*

Holy cr*p, Arnie! Did you have a forum upgrade binge while you were drinking?! :P

By the way, what is a 'Power User'? I've got it, and I'm the highest poster *cough*, as has Antagon, the 2nd highest poster *cough cough*, but Shard also has it and he's well below 100 posts...

EDIT: Never mind, I see it's for those of us who donated :). Cheers! :D

Edited by HaVoC_MaN

Wtf...power user?

Only problem with the gallery right now, is it doesn't group all of 1 users gallery's into one....that and you can't find a members gallery through their profile.

EDIT: Wtf is CC?

Oh yeah...thanks...Archie...or whatever your name was.

;)

Edited by Antagon

Power Users seem to be people who've donated money to keep the site running :)

CC means 'carbon copy' and allows you to send duplicate copies of PMs to other people - so you can send the same PM to 5 people, for example notifying all mods of a post that you need deleting, or something.

I think he's referring to PMs. Basically I bumped up the feature set for the Power User group and allowed peopl in it to do more things. The ability to CC a PM to more than one person (think I set it to 4 at once) is one of them. Think I also allowed bulk upload of images and a few other things.

There's a gazillion features in IPB and it gets a bit hard remembering them all sometimes ;)

Glad you like having the photo gallery back. I'm also very glad Havoc is straight (reportedly). :)

Antagon: To view all of someone's albums, go to an URL like this:

[website-url]/forums/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=user&user=[uSERID]

USERID is the user id number for said user you want to see.

ARNIE! Thank you so much, I have been waiting for it ever since it went down, its a best place online wise for airsoft, since it has been gone, I haev had so much spare time on the internet. ANyways, will you PLEASE add the recent comments, and best rated just like the old one had, that was really great.

Yup, the donations made the upgrades and maintenance possible. As and when more donations arrive I can add more stuff.. gives me incentive I guess :)

There was a huge demand for the gallery to come back, so it's now back - if there's a request for other odds and ends I can add them too.

I'm happy to put the work into coding new bits for the site, and to write and publish content, I jsut need an idea sometimes as to what you guys want. You might not get it.. but I at least now what you like :D

You mean a "My Gallery" style button? Yeah I can add one, but it'll appear for everyone, even if they've not uploaded any images.. which is an *albartroth*.

I'm going look into adding some code to things so that the gallery button appears for people with a galley (it'd be next to the email/card/pm type buttons)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.