After the Deal....rep points

RadioGod

I am going to post this question / situtation here....since i am unsure where to post it. I am sure that some Admin will be able to move it, if nessary.

---------

What should a person do after the deal??

I sold an item to another registered person on this forume.

I got the payment okay.......it did take a few days to clear paypal and a few more days to clear whatever, in order to get into my bank account.

After a while, I did get the cash okay.

Meanwhile, I PM'ed the updates to the buyer, telling him it would be a few days more before the cash cleared all the e-banks.

The buyer writes back, stating that he did send his payment into paypal and his part of the deal was done. That I should go ahead and send the item.

We fininally got things settled....the item was shipped and recieved okay.

Which brings us to my point: Rep. Points............. It been a few weeks after the deal. I emailed 3 more tymes, asking for Positive Rep points be awarded. The email tracking said all the emails was read....but no replies.

Should I go ahead and give NEGITIVE points??? Becasue the guy won't respond to after-the-sale?

Should I put him in the list of Questionible Buyers with a note saying Good Buyer but Bad on the follow-through??

I PREFERED to advoid giving Negitive points.

I think I covered most of the bases...I send emails...waited....sent more emails...and waited more.

I feel that The Positive Rep. Points are important and a good idea. Not many people would buy from a Sell with 300 Negitive points.

And I am sure the guy with 1200 Positive points has a good amount of buyers that beilive that they will get a good faire deal without beign screwed.

Now, I am taking this to 'the next step' and asking others what to do,....without dropping the Buyers name.

He knows who he is.

If an Admin is to ask me who the buy is, i would reply in PM.

So.......i guess the bottom line is, What should I do in an After-the-sales, getting Rep. Points from a buyer??

You do realise this isn't ebay, yes? And asking for rep points is just retarded. Why are you making this into such a big deal? So he won't give you rep for a deal, boo frickety hoo. <_<

If the deal has gone through A-ok, you have no good reason to neg him at all. Ditto the ######s about putting him down as a questionable buyer.

Rep points are sadly meaningless on these forums (I wish they were, but the system was so massively abused after it was introduced that I think all attempt at policing it was abandoned, and it became a bit pointless). The best bet is to post about the user in the good / negative trader threads.

What a group of whiny bitches we have become!!!!

I don't understand why this would cross your mind. The deal went down and no one is hurt. It's nice when people leave feedback, but they're under no obligation to.

Did you ever think that maybe you didn't earn the feedback? Maybe you were pissy in communication or didn't totally satisfy the other guy? That's happened to me with a lot of people. I liked my stuff, but I hated the overall hassle they gave me...so no rep points. I had a guy hassle me so long on ebay about rep, I almost reported him. I had to threaten him with possible harassment charges before he quit bothering me. My advice is to move on and be thankful that everything went ok.

Hannibal

Archived