Feedback system for sales and trades?

I think the forum should have a feedback system, like UKANs. It's beneficial for people who sell stuff regularly (such as myself, TaQ, and others) and it's also good for cautious buyers. :)

I think it's a handy feature, and would love to see it implemented into the boards.

• 4 months later...

but surely you can just rip the idea from Ebay... :P

also you should consider 2 categories of sellers. or 2 sale-counts or whatever... :huh:

Airsoft and non airsoft, because... well... You know?

Just because you've sold your old bike and a guitar on here doesn't mean you are a "respnsible and caring owner of airsoft items" etc etc

*Just ignore me if you don't agree :unsure: , going now... :lol: *

o

m

g....

:blink:

that's quite good actually....

:lol:

This maybe a bit complicated... but here it comes. A trader's ranking system.

so... maybe "Trusted Sellers" for the likes of erm.... those who sells loads of stuff...

and "car booters" for the odd random bits or the occasional skint-softer (skinted airsofter, who needs to get rid of stuff just to keep the hobby going)... :) (like me... or Lionel)

just rip the ebay idea completely, complete with feedback system and of course...

more rules as we're going to bring in more ... things, you know... for a (hopefully) more advanced trading system... ??? :mellow:

let me think about it though...

suggestion 1A :Only the thread starters and mods/admins may post in the sale threads.

reason: I see a lot of enquiries-very-soon-becoming-pull outs on the sale-threads and, If I were a potential buyer, it can take some time to figure out what the current situation is.

suggestion 1B : All enquiries must go through PMs.

reason: as above basically

suggestion 2 :"Socially acceptable" spelling, punctuation and a basically readable advertisement would surely help...

reason: do we need one?

suggestion 3 : Established airsoft trader est. 2001 for example...

Based on trust i suppose, but there may be a way to track/trace the first sale and that would proof to potential buyers that say, TaQ, is a trust worthy seller because he has been selling P-90 box mags since 2003... joke TaQ.

reason: Gives everybody a reason to provide "good service". Things should work out fine, if a bit slow due to the nature of this "ranking system", but I'm hoping this will become 2nd nature and even an unwritten rule. Thus less scams etc etc.

try that first...

I also think people should all sign up to paypal

Edited by billymak

maybe it would be a good idea as i've noticed in the last 12 months people selling things and then getting ripped off and then 3 weeks later same person sells another item and rips someone else off. Like me on Ebay. My user rating is 300 positive, no negative and no neutral. Whenever i buy stuff off Ebay i always make it a point to check their feedback rating and if i don't like what i see, then i know to look elsewhere. A good idea which is a sound idea.

danke schön...

what about... Minimalising the threads.

If buyer and seller both live in the same bloody city I'm sure if you can sort thing out without the need of this forum.

Get a phone number via PMs by all means, but dont do THIS:

:mrt:

urban-ninja: MP5 for sale, doesn't work. £60

billymak: hey urban-ninja i want to buy your knackered MP5 for £45 :mellow:

Urban-ninja: k gimme cash. :mellow:

billymak: just handed it to you bro... :mellow:

urban-ninja: cheers... the MP5 is in your room now... let me know when you've fixed it so i can use it...

billymak: thanks, it arrived just as described... I'll talk to you in person, later.

/sale end

:mrt: