International Airsoft Symbol/Logo

Catman

Remember, the title of this topic is "International Airsoft Symbol/Logo"

If we are going to choose one to be used worldwide, it can't really have any English words on it.

6mm is pretty much universally recognised even in non English speaking countries (the US for instance...just joking guys ;):D ), so are the only numbers/letters to consider really.

I believe we should steer clear of any gun/soldier/bullet (other than BBs obviously) outlines/silouettes.

I want the sort of people who'd look at the design and be curious enough to ask what it meant, to be the one's I'd introduce to Airsoft.

If someone looks at something with 6mm and/or a BB shape on it and doesn't ask what it means, then it's done it's job, weeding out the brain-dead portion of society ;):D

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh, dude - the title of this thread is INTERNATIONAL logo.  Nobody on this side of Atlantic knows (or cares) about the NBA.  ;)

Also, I hate to be picky but it'd be difficult to get people to agree to the colour-scheme.

Red white and blue is great for Brits, the French and the Americans but what about the Italians, Germans, Irish and, ummmm, pretty much every other country?

I imagine they might not be as keen.

Besides, it's harder to print/embroider in colours.

Rolo - the idea is that you have a logo to put on anything and everything.

Here's a point though - I remember how long it took to agree on a logo for the short-lived UKAPA, and that was only here in Britain.

Now take that out to the entire Airsofting world, and no-one is ever going to agree

To be honest, I feel that while it's a great idea, it's doomed to failure. On another note, there is already a kind of logo, with the ASGK logo on the side of pretty much anything worth having gun-wise.

If anyone would come up with an international logo, it'd be them, and the rest of us would just have to like it.

Archived